Halloween 2011 Question HELP????!!!!!!

DISNEYaddict4evr

Now some person I don't even know reminds me there
Hey Peeps!

I will be at Tokyo Disney Resort Oct 5-8th this year :banana::banana::banana:, and realized I will be there during Halloween :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:but can not find any information on it:surfweb:. Is it like WDW where some night are a halloween party, or do they only do a special not the actual day of Halloween. Any help would be great. I only have one day for each park for I arrive from Bangkok at about 3:30pm at Narita and have to check-out on the 8th and head over to the Keio Plaza Hotel and then go to Tokyo Dome and find the Shonen Jump store for anime goodies :banana::banana::banana:.

Halloween events are held at both parks everyday at no extra cost. It's one of the best times to visit but can get quite crowded. As long as you get there early and have a plan you will be fine though!:yay:

Thats great to hear! do you know about when They will post schedule of events for that month?

So....:rolleyes1

I just got done looking over your blog and seeing all the fun pictures :thumbsup2. Since you have been living there a while and seem to be a pro have any tips for me when I go:worship:? I was thinking of doing TDL on thursday, since I have more rides I want to do there ( I thought Thursday would be less busy) and then on Friday I would do TDS. I will be staying at the Sheraton, not sure if I mentioned that. Og I am also gluten intolerant, so I try to stick to a paleo diet (No grains), will that be hard to follow when I'm over there? :surfweb: So many questions, I apologize. It is just nice to have a person who is over there now and will have currant answers :hug:

Ok! I will try to do my best to answer your questions.:)

Which park will be busier used to be easy to say but not so much anymore. Last Halloween TDL did not have a night time parade and the day time parade seemed not so popular which made TDS's Halloween event more crowded even though it was for the most part the same as the year before. This year it looks like TDS's Halloween will be new and on top of that it's the 10th anniversary so I think think TDS will be more crowded again. It might be better to do TDS on the Thursday then but I would wait until the event start to see where people are gravitating to more just in case.

This crowd calender is really useful!
Crowd Calender

I'm not too familiar with the paleo diet but it might be difficult at the resort. I think your best bet would be to contact guest relations for better information on this. I'm trying to think and maybe Sakura, Magellan's, SS Columbia, Horizon Bay restaurant, Vulcania, Cafe Portofino, and Teddy Roosevelt lounge could be doable at TDS. At TDL I think it's more difficult but Queen of Hearts, Plaza, Center Street Coffee House, and Blue Bayou might be okay for some things. Actually at TDL you should go outside the park to Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and there is a cafe called the Sherwood Garden cafe which has a deli plate which is really good and you should have a good selection of what you can eat. On top of that almost no one knows about it so even though lines in the park will be so long there will be no lines at the cafe and the atmosphere is so relaxed!

How many people will be in your group? I will probably be around on those days and could help with some FP's if you like? The next issue is the lottery at TDS to view the stage show. When you go for the lottery you need to really pay attention to the machines around you. If you see everyone around you losing do not try at that time. Usually it's best not to try for the immediate next show but the next or next net available show. For example if the next show is show #2 try for the 3rd or 4th showing. The exception to the rule is getting in at opening and going straight to the lottery and then would be a good time to go for the first showing. I took a video last year of how to do the lottery and could upload it to youtube if you like?

Thank for the tips on the food I will have to check that place out at the Disneyland Hotel. I basically eat fruits, veggies, nuts and meat. I can eat rice and such but try to avoid it if I can. I am ordering a card that has my allergy written in Chinese, japanese and thai so that should help me at least not have issues :sick:

As per group it is just me :woohoo: I am graduating with my master sin Administrative Studies this summer and as my reward (plus my motivator these past two years) is a 6 week trip to Asia. I just finally pinned it all down 3 weeks ago. Here is the line up...

Sept. 7th ...................Leave USA
8th -12th ...................Kunming, China
12th -125th ................Chengdu, China
15th -18th ..................Lhasa, China
18th -21st ..................Beijing, China
21st - 23rd .................Xian, China
23rd - 25th .................Gulin, China
25th - 28th .................Shanghai & Suzhou, China
28th - Oct. 2nd ............Siem Reap & Ankhor Wat, Cambodia
2nd - 5th .....................Bangkok, Thailand
5th - 8th .....................Tokyo Disney Resort, Japan
8th - 12th ....................Tokyo, Japan
12th - 14th ...................Hakone, Japan
14th - 17th ...................Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Japan

This how I feel right now
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am sooooo exited. Though quite nervous. i have never been on such a long trip by myself and not speak the language. I am doing it all guided but still it is a log way form home. I am very excited about ending with Japan. I am a HUGE Disney and Anime fan and I cannot wait to stock up on tones of souvenirs I do not need LOL.

I guess I don't understand what they stage show is that you are talking about. I don't know much about the parks just that I can expect long lines. I have never been much a parade and show person so I am not sure if I want to go to any of the shows... are they really good like I should not miss? I though with the language difference I should just skip the shows altogether.

I really recommend the Halloween stage show if you can win the lottery also you should catch Big Band Beat! at TDS as well. Since it' just you it will be really easy to do everything I think. Mail me when it gets closer to your trip and I will help out with FP's and to give you extra chances for the lottery also to hold a place for the parade while you do attractions. I will be in the parks any way because it's Halloween so it's no problem! Congratulations on graduating!

I really recommend the Halloween stage show if you can win the lottery also you should catch Big Band Beat! at TDS as well. Since it' just you it will be really easy to do everything I think. Mail me when it gets closer to your trip and I will help out with FP's and to give you extra chances for the lottery also to hold a place for the parade while you do attractions. I will be in the parks any way because it's Halloween so it's no problem! Congratulations on graduating!

SWEETS that would be awesome if you could help out with that. I will definitely PM you when it get closer to my leave date. I will have internet while traveling, just not sure how many times free vs pay, no not sure how often, but if airports there do free WIFI, I can check with my iPod.

I had another thought I was going to ask you. So I arrive at Narita at 3:45, get to hotel say 5:30ish... if the parks stay open till 10:00, would it be worth going that night or should I use that night to do shopping at Ikspiria? I can't say when I will get there for sure, but was a thought I had since you said there will be crowds which I had not expected being a weekday. Will it just be crowned at night those days? or all day?

If you are not too tired it would definitely be nice to go that night using an after 6 passport! When my sister came to visit from the US that is what we did. We walked around the park had dinner and did a couple of attractions. The crowds are hard to predict until it gets closer to the event to see how people react to it. A weekday evening should be fine though, most of the crowds will be around the American waterfront area so if you want to avoid that you could check the other ports of call like Lost River Delta and so on.

Great news... I guess now I will just have to wait and see... I hate waiting:headache:

Also it seems one of my posts some how got erased, or I just imagined I posted it :confused3

I was planning to go to Tokyo Dome to visit the Shonen Jump store of my anime souvenirs, but I say that they now have a store at near Tokyo Station. Have you been to either of them or have a friend who might know which would be the best store? Meaning the biggest :banana: I am a HUGE anime NUT :yay: and must fill every square in a of my suitcase with Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Inuyahsa and Death Note merchandise on top of my Disney stuff... who am I kidding :laughing:. I will be mailing back all of my stuff because I know it will not fit :eek:. Yes yes I know :rolleyes1. Anywho... If you know anything about either of these store any info would be appreciated. I have sorta seen what the Tokyo Dome store looks like but know nothing about the other so I am not sure which one to go to.

You know I've passed by both stores but never gone inside! I'm almost certain though that the one by Tokyo Dome is larger. As the date gets closer I also recommend you keep an eye out for any special events regarding Jump because when my sister was visiting, also in autumn, there was a special event in Odaiba that was like a mixed media exhibit and also goods that you could purchase and even though we are not fans it was so well done we went inside to explore. So maybe check through the official website?

Edit: Forgot to add but my husband can probably also take you around places if you need a local as a guide? Akihabara should also have lots of goods so that is another place you should go for sure and there are lots of little hidden shops to explore.

I was planning to go to Tokyo Dome to visit the Shonen Jump store of my anime souvenirs, but I say that they now have a store at near Tokyo Station. Have you been to either of them or have a friend who might know which would be the best store? Meaning the biggest :banana: I am a HUGE anime NUT :yay: and must fill every square in a of my suitcase with Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Inuyahsa and Death Note merchandise on top of my Disney stuff... who am I kidding :laughing:. I will be mailing back all of my stuff because I know it will not fit :eek:. Yes yes I know :rolleyes1. Anywho... If you know anything about either of these store any info would be appreciated.

If you're into anime, you really want to go to Akihabara, not just a single store. (Akihabara was once the electronics district, an still has a lot of technology stores, but is now far better known for anime/manga). It's two stops north of Tokyo station on the Yamanote line

You know I've passed by both stores but never gone inside! I'm almost certain though that the one by Tokyo Dome is larger. As the date gets closer I also recommend you keep an eye out for any special events regarding Jump because when my sister was visiting, also in autumn, there was a special event in Odaiba that was like a mixed media exhibit and also goods that you could purchase and even though we are not fans it was so well done we went inside to explore. So maybe check through the official website?

Edit: Forgot to add but my husband can probably also take you around places if you need a local as a guide? Akihabara should also have lots of goods so that is another place you should go for sure and there are lots of little hidden shops to explore.

Thanks for offer, but I should be okay. With teh exception of two shopping day (with maps already to go :thumbsup2) I will have a guided tour of Tokyo. But if I get nervous I'll let you know if I change my mind

If you're into anime, you really want to go to Akihabara, not just a single store. (Akihabara was once the electronics district, an still has a lot of technology stores, but is now far better known for anime/manga). It's two stops north of Tokyo station on the Yamanote line

Thanks for the Anime tip as well. I had heard of that place but was not sure if I should go or not. I might as well check it out since I was thinking of going to the Ginza area anyways and both seem to be by the Tokyo station.

So much to see not enough time :sad2:

Thanks for the Anime tip as well. I had heard of that place but was not sure if I should go or not. I might as well check it out since I was thinking of going to the Ginza area anyways and both seem to be by the Tokyo station.

Starting from Tokyo station, Ginza is in the opposite direction from Akihabara, although not far. But given a choice if I only had limited time, I would easily select Akihabara - Ginza is a high-end shopping street, and while interesting (i.e., the food halls in the basement of Japanese department stores), it is not as unqiue as Akihabara. Many of the stores in Ginza are outposts of chains that can be found in any large U.S. city (Apple, Gucci, etc.); that's certainly not true of Akihabara.

Starting from Tokyo station, Ginza is in the opposite direction from Akihabara, although not far. But given a choice if I only had limited time, I would easily select Akihabara - Ginza is a high-end shopping street, and while interesting (i.e., the food halls in the basement of Japanese department stores), it is not as unqiue as Akihabara. Many of the stores in Ginza are outposts of chains that can be found in any large U.S. city (Apple, Gucci, etc.); that's certainly not true of Akihabara.

Hmmm... did not know that. This other area is starting to look even better. I hate main stream shopping :mad: Its all about individuality I say :thumbsup2. Will have to look in to this even more :surfweb:

Ginza and Yurakucho are great to visit if you know where to go so don't discount them especially when it's not so far from Akiba. Of course go to Shibuya and Harajuku and Shinjuku too right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter