Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

10 Things I’ve Learned from Hallmark Movies

1 - Of the 2 men vying for the affections of a woman, you do NOT want to be the one wearing a tie.
2 - First kisses are always interrupted.
3 - Car crashes lead to your true love.
4 - Someone will “have an idea.”
5 - Something will be seen or overheard, but not the whole thing.
6 - There’s always time to get things done, even when there isn’t.
7 - Coffee cups, suitcases, and packages being carried are almost always empty. The exception to this is when coffee is to be spilled on someone. Thankfully, the coffee is never hot.
8 - A parent of royalty will object to the marriage to an American commoner. The referenced custom will eventually be changed.
9 - Brushing flour from someone’s cheek leads to feelings of mutual attraction.
10 - Santa Claus is a matchmaker.

@Kennywood I'll add a few more....
1) It snows everywhere for Christmas, even in the south. I mean, Memphis had a TON of snow for Christmas at Graceland :rolleyes2
2) Wearing high heels in the snow and not slipping on the ice or getting your shoe stuck is possible
3) The rugged looking guy will always win over the one in the suit
4) If you're engaged to one guy, chances are you will no longer be engaged to him by Christmas
5) Being willed money or property will lead to love

Love the Hallmark movie lists! There also usually seems to be right near the end a scene where either the actor or actress walk by or overhear PART of (usually a phone) conversation of their love interest thus resulting in their thinking they are over as a couple. The reason varies between thinking the other person has accepted a job in another state, has decided to rekindle a former relationship, or take your pick of multiple other choices!

Last edited:
And my adds:

1. Returning to your hometown for Christmas will lead you to decide you want to move back there.

2. When you make this decision, some form of gainful employment will immediately be revealed.

3. Are you a Scrooge? Someone will fill you with the spirit of Christmas, fall in love with you, and together you will save the Christmas parade, festival, dance, and/or concert/play!

I posted this in the kindness thread earlier.

I finished watching Cherished Memories last night, the sequel to Aidan and Darcy's first Christmas movie, A Gift to Remember, on Hallmark. Still love Bailey the dog and Aidan is so handsome! A bit predictable in story, at times the acting felt a little forced (like the actor was literally reading a line) but I really enjoyed the sweetness.

This is the last week of Christmas in July. 🎄 :sad1:

I found out that the Signed, Sealed, Delivered for Christmas movie is On Demand on Spectrum cable.

The Christmas movie is almost never shown during the Signed, Sealed, Delivered movie marathons. Even though it's actually the first movie, after the 1 hour, weekly TV show of 10 episodes ended and Hallmark switched to doing movies a couple times a year. It comes before the Paris movie. It continues the storyline and advances some key development in a couple characters. I guess, since it's considered a "Christmas" movie, they don't include it in the marathons. YET, Hallmark programing hasn't included it during the Christmas season the last few years, as it's considered part of a series. :rolleyes:

What's really ironic is that, I never would have started watching the whole series if I hadn't seen the Christmas movie during the Christmas season. It was my first introduction to the series and these wonderful characters. I could tell there was a lot of history between the characters I had missed, but there was also a lot to become intrigued about during the Christmas movie, that I ended up watching the rest of the series when they showed it. popcorn::

It's a real missed opportunity on Hallmark's part to not include this movie in their rotation to grab new viewers. Instead they continue to re-air other mediocre Christmas movies (as filler) at 3am :crazy2: that I (and I think others,) deliberately do not ever want to record and watch again when awake. :sad2:

You might only have this week to watch the Signed, Sealed, Delivered for Christmas movie On Demand. Some On Demand movies, they've left up since the beginning of time. And they've added some from like 30 years ago. But, probably THIS movie, a good movie, they will remove right away when Christmas in July is over. :rolleyes:

Catch it while you can! On Demand movies can't be recorded to watch later.

Last edited:
During their SS&D marathons, Hallmark routinely skips episodes 11-14, for some reason. It's annoying to have that gap in my recorded Tivo listings.

During their SS&D marathons, Hallmark routinely skips episodes 11-14, for some reason. It's annoying to have that gap in my recorded Tivo listings.

There are no episodes 11-14. The TV series only had 10 episodes. Then it switched to the SS&D movies. Probably the movies initially got numbered as they continued the storylines of the main characters. Then they abandoned the numbering system and started a new one for when they only re-air the movies, but forgot to make changes to Tivo and the like.

https://itsastampede.com/2020/07/20/what-is-the-order-of-the-signed-sealed-delivered-movies/

The 10 TV show episodes:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3592718/episodes?ref_=tt_eps_sm

When I recorded the episodes, there are individual episodes 1-10. Then the next one is clearly listed as episode 15.

Due to health issues, I'm pretty much house bound. No energy to do anything, so I've been watching Christmas movies! I am averaging two to three a day. Many of the plots are so so, but I love the background music and the decorating!

Due to health issues, I'm pretty much house bound. No energy to do anything, so I've been watching Christmas movies! I am averaging two to three a day. Many of the plots are so so, but I love the background music and the decorating!

Glad you are enjoying the movies - I agree about the music and settings.
But sorry to hear about the health issues. :hug:

Peg, sorry to hear about your health issues. :( I hope you are feeling better soon.

Don't forget the winter scarves. Some of them are really lovely. And I wonder how many Christmas red dresses that will wow the male lead at the end, the wardrobe people have to hunt down and buy each year? :lmao:

When I recorded the episodes, there are individual episodes 1-10. Then the next one is clearly listed as episode 15.

I wonder if that means there are lost episodes that were filmed before the TV show got canceled, that have never been shown? That would be such a wonderful thought there are more episodes that Hallmark could air. :cloud9: Doesn't matter that we've already watched all the characters' friendships have progressed majorly. Hallmark could advertise them as the "lost episodes" and do a special airing of them. We SS&D fans would still watch and gobble them up. popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Hey, Hallmark: RELEASE THE LOST EPISODES!!! (If there are any.)

Last edited:
I found a TV channel you guys may be interested in, since as many of us said, there's nothing worth watching on Hallmark & HM&M the other days of the week. :badpc:

It's part of the Spectrum Cable tier package if you are already getting Hallmark & HM&M. It also is on several other cable providers and streams on Sling TV and YouTube TV. It's called StartTV. It's a cable TV channel dedicated to older TV series with really strong female leads. I actually like some of their overnight programming better than their daytime stuff. And these few overnight series are shows that I haven't seen being shown on other cable channels.

From 6am - 8am ET, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman is on. The Hallmark Drama channel is showing it, too. However that channel isn't included in the tier package we get and I'm not paying more for it, as everything seems to be all reruns anyway. So, if you want to see Dr. Quinn you can now see it for free on StartTV.

Here is the link to see if StartTV is part of your cable TV package. In NYC, it's listed as channels 182 / 1255. It's actually NOT showing on channel 182 in my area. It IS showing on channel 1255. Didn't even know the cable channels went that high, but yes it is a channel. Same for you. If you see a weird channel number listed, try it. StartTV is such a low budget channel, that it probably gets shunted to your cable provider's out of the way channels.

https://www.starttv.com/wheretowatch/

A line up of StartTV's shows:

https://www.starttv.com/shows/

I posted a while back about an out of the way channel on the Spectrum Cable tier package. If you are already getting Hallmark & HM&M then it's probably part of your package too. It's called StartTV. It's a cable TV channel dedicated to older TV series with really strong female leads.

(StartTV is also is on several other cable providers and streams on Sling TV and YouTube TV. )

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, is starting at the beginning again this Saturday. StartTV shows 2 episodes from 6am - 8am ET, everyday. So, if you are interested in watching Dr. Quinn, now would be the time to record it to watch later in the day. The show has 6 seasons with about 23 episodes per season. So, plenty of episodes to get through the summer.

Here is the link to see if StartTV is part of your cable TV package. In NYC, it's listed as channels 182 / 1255. It's actually NOT showing on channel 182 in my area. It IS showing on channel 1255. Didn't even know the cable channels went that high, but yes it is a channel. Same for you. If you see a weird channel number listed, try it. StartTV is such a low budget channel, that it probably gets shunted to your cable provider's out of the way channels.

https://www.starttv.com/wheretowatch/

A line up of StartTV's shows:

https://www.starttv.com/shows/

The Dr. Quinn TV series actually starts with Episode 3. The pilot was 2 hours, (split into 2 episodes) that they don't air as there were a couple major cast changes from the pilot to the when the series got picked up. It's a shame they don't air the pilot as it actually shows when & why Dr. Quinn moved out west to start her medical practice and what the town thought of her.

If you want to see the 2 pilot episodes, or alternately, the FULL series of Dr. Quinn, they are actually also on the IMDb.com, FREE with ads. (I think you only have to sign up for a free membership at the IMDb.com. Or you can log in with your Amazon membership. The website is owned by Amazon.)

So you can (binge) watch as many episodes as you want on the IMDb. You can watch it on your computer. The episodes load up onto a regular webpage like YouTube videos do. Nothing extra to download. Or you can watch on any device for free.

Dr. Quinn on the IMDb.com:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103405/episodes?season=1

Christmas in July ends tomorrow night. :sad:

A new summertime movie is premiering tomorrow. At least, they are easing us out of Christmas in July this year. Last year, I remember it ending abruptly when the new, summer movie started. This year, we are getting one last Christmas movie after the summer movie.

Then it's about 88 days before the new Christmas movies start at the end of October. :eek: Wow! That seems so short for the rest of the summer and fall. :faint: Savor this weather while we have it! :beach:

The new Summer Nights movie is Love, For Real. It stars four newcomers to Hallmark: Chloe Bridges (of Pretty Little Liars & The Carrie Diaries,) Scott Michael Foster (of Once Upon a Time and Halt and Catch Fire,) Corbin Bleu (One Life to Live,) and Taiana Tully.

The movie was filmed in Oahu, Hawaii. Hawaii was economically hit hard during the pandemic. Nice to see them getting some dollars by filming there. (And I'm glad to see Hallmark is using more U.S. locations for filming. Chad Michael Murray's film a few weeks ago was filmed in CT. And I heard another Hallmark movie is filming there now. :thumbsup2 )

Love, For Real is about two female best friends who go on a reality dating show together for the purpose of promoting their new fashion line, not to fall in love. Oops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter