Half marathon & full marathon 2007

Jodi,

I think I'm going to sign up for the full, but I want to go with Teams in Training for 2007. Not sure how to go about it.

monte said:
Jodi,

I think I'm going to sign up for the full, but I want to go with Teams in Training for 2007. Not sure how to go about it.
Hey! :wave2: I might be starting an internship with TNT!! (Interviewing on Tuesday :crossingfingers: ) What would you like to know and I'll see what I can find out.

My boyfriend and I are planning on doing the half, but we haven't registered yet.

Thanks Ophie, but I was able to contact TNT and another rep. is going to call me on Tuesday. I'm bummed because of my location I won't be able to train with everyone else, so I'll have to train on my own. Rats. But I'm looking forward to next Jan.

monte, I completed the full marathon with TnT in January and it was a truely rewarding experience. If you have any questions or concerns please post or send me a PM. I have actually started the process of becoming an assistant coach with TnT for the fall or winter 2007 events.

Okay, guys, I must confess. I am not yet registered. I have every expectation that, when I get the courage to do so, I will register for the full. Just haven't gotten to the point yet where I have brought myself to committing to the training schedule.

If anyone gets any email updates from Disney Marathon Sports indicating how full the races are getting, please post so we will know not to take a chance on getting shut out.
Thanks!

My registration, and dh's, are in the mail for the full. I wish DVCers could sign up onine.

DW and I are in for the 1/2! And CBR! :thumbsup2 Sidebar question; do you think they'll alter the start for the 2007 1/2? It seemed awfully congested for the first 3 miles? This was our first time running in 2006, so I have nothing else to base it on. :confused3

Yesterday, a rep called me from TNT and she said that they do not register , or train, til Sept. I hope that it won't be too late. Is that how they did registration last year? I'm going to sign up for the full. :thumbsup2

monte - I believe they hold teh spaces, though. LisaLovesPooh did it last year and her registration was not in until late like that. I think it was even after registration officially closed. Seeing as TNT is a sponsor, though, I'm sure they account for this. Official training will not start until then, but you shoudl start "traning to train" with teh rest of us.

I'm in it for the 1/2! I am trying to find someone to run with me but everyone thinks I am NUTS!! :rotfl:

Hopefully I can run with someone here! :)

Monte, it is true that TnT does not register you until late. Last year we started training in August as a team and they actually did not register us until mid to late October. Disney allots a certain amount, based on history and a couple of other factors, of spaces for Team in Training that are counted towards the event but are not officially registered for until after recommitment. Recommitment occurs about half way through the TnT season and this is when you make it official that you will be with them throughout the season including completing the event and fund raising. Hope this clears things up a bit.

Ok, thanks for the info. gang. I started training this week, but have only managed a mile every other day. I start back to my strength classes on Tuesday, then my fitball classes on Wed. I don't know if I'll be able to complete the entire marathon, but I'm going to try.

I started working at Starbucks last month, (they have great benefits), and have gained 10 pounds :crazy2: :scared: It's all those caramel frapp's. I've been drinking :coffee: need to switch to black tea. lol

I haven't registered yet, but started training for the 1/2 already. I have never ran one before so this is all new and very intimidating/confusing to me. Should I register now?? When do they usually fill up by?

I am running by myself because no one else in my family is anywhere near athletic (except brother but he rides bike). My hubby and kids will be there to root me on. Are there any links or websites I should be checking out for info? I have never ran in any kind of competitive race, so any help would be appreciated!

Jen117 said:
I haven't registered yet, but started training for the 1/2 already. I have never ran one before so this is all new and very intimidating/confusing to me. Should I register now?? When do they usually fill up by?

I am running by myself because no one else in my family is anywhere near athletic (except brother but he rides bike). My hubby and kids will be there to root me on. Are there any links or websites I should be checking out for info? I have never ran in any kind of competitive race, so any help would be appreciated!

Hi Jen, and welcome!

If you have the funds available to you, I say go ahead and register. That way you are assured of a place and it serves as kind of motivational tool. (For me anyway, it was helpful to be "locked in" so to speak.)

I would HIGHLY recommend posting on the 2007 Running club thread here on WISH. There is a new thread there for each week. The folks there are just wonderful and many of us recently completed the 2006 Disney Half/Full Marathon, so we can (and will) answer any and all questions you might have. Speaking from personal experience, they were incredibly helpful to my training and motivation throughout the year. There is also a list of running websites on the first post that would make for some good reading.

Hope to see you there!
Keivn (Solotraveler) :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter