• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hakuna Matata: Dash away, dash away, dash away All!

I know you have a new thread, but I thought I'd post this here....

It sounds like there's enough support to continue to the teams, in some form or another, this year. Lots of decisions to be made, though, so I'm hoping for some more input--specifically from team members:

For more, please see this post to the Teams 2010? thread, of which I've posted an excerpt here:

From what I understand, a (sort of) collective response to the teams seems to be

1) People appreciate the smaller, intimate teams, especially as WISH gets bigger, for team members of active threads, and new WISHers who want to get involved.
2) But people are concerned for about the effects of the teams on the WISH team as a whole, both terms of online activities (weekly/monthly thread, talking with other WISHers, getting more feedback outside one's team, the worries about emergent cliques & feelings of outsiderness) and at physical WISH meets.

It sounds as if the teams will continue in one form or another, whether as a challenge or more like a social thread (like the Bots, the Leaners, or any of the event-oriented threads like the Princess). They seem to serve a purpose for many people. But like others, I'd like to see the team aspect enable more interaction between all members of WISH. Best of both worlds.

Teams: To help facilitate this decision-making, I'd like all team members to take that extra step, go that extra mile (sorry, couldn't resist) to address concerns about the teams' effect. Talk amongst themselves, brainstorm, and have your representative make suggestions. Are you willing to be disbanded and reformed as a new group, starting new teams for an entirely new game with new teammates? If not a miles & minutes challenge, then what? People assigned to your roster or a join-at-will? What could you do to reach out to other WISHers? Etc.

Once teams have reached some sort of consensus, or a collection of ideas, could one person post them to this thread?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter