Hair frizz

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
My hair looks great when styled then I go out in the humidity and it flops. Any budget products that keep hair looking great in the Florida summer?

It’s a 10 and a good hair dryer. I use the leave in and do water it down (1:1) so a bottle lasts me a year.

I have straight hair that tends to frizz a little in humid weather. Redken Align works best for me.

I have curly hair and have yet to find a solution since moving to the south 3.5 years ago. Thank you to those who posted their recommendations. Hopefully I can get the frizz under control while managing the curl.

it isn't the most budget-friendly option but I get a Brazilian Blowout at the beginning of the summer. My hair is smooth and straight all summer in the hot humid south.
The Brazilian Blowout is a lifesaver for me! It can be pricey, but it saves on tons of product (which I hate using) and lasts me about 5-6 months. My stylist charges $200, which is a good deal compared to some. It takes about 2 hours and your hair looks super flat and straight the first day but after that, it's shiny and no frizz! I don't have to do anything but wash and brush! It's a miracle thing for my frizzy hair.

Also, you can still curl it and style it.

it isn't the most budget-friendly option but I get a Brazilian Blowout at the beginning of the summer. My hair is smooth and straight all summer in the hot humid south.

Yes. I have wavy hair that frizzes in the humidity. I've been getting a Brazilian Blowout for the past 5 years. I get one about every 6 months-- I try to time it just before vacation.

I've tried all of the products mentioned and nothing works for my hair product wise. I will scrimp and save to be able to afford my Blowout.

I have curly hair and using a leave in conditioner (I actually just leave in some of my regular condish), a tiny bit of curl activator, and plenty of gel controls my frizz. I use Eco olive oil gel and it's very affordable and has great hold. The biggest key to controlling frizz is a good gel and absolutely no touching until hair is completely dry. If I touch my hair after I've applied products, while its drying, it breaks up the curls and causes frizz

My hair looks great when styled then I go out in the humidity and it flops. Any budget products that keep hair looking great in the Florida summer?
I have very long hair. Wearing it down isn’t an option.

Disney baseball cap and ponytail for the daytime.

Bun or top knot for evening.

Aveda products work well. They aren't exactly cheap, but a little goes a long way. They have lots of samples and travel sizes so that you can experiment to see what will work for you. And the salespeople are very friendly and helpful.

I have curly hair and have yet to find a solution since moving to the south 3.5 years ago. Thank you to those who posted their recommendations. Hopefully I can get the frizz under control while managing the curl.

LUS brands system! It’s called love ur curls. It’s a little pricey at $50 for the shampoo, conditioner and the serum (which is creamy) but it lasts quite awhile because you really don’t have to use much.

I’ve tried everything. I found Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Envey curl cream works best for my hair in humidity. I buy it at Rite Aid for six dollars. Works much better than all of the expensive products I’ve tried over the years.

I have very curly hair - think ringlets. Hands down, the best product I’ve ever used is Ouidad Climate Control. I’ve been using it for years. My curls stay smooth and defined, with no frizz. Not even at WDW in August. :-)

That is what I actually use regularly - as well as getting a Ouidad cut for me loose curls/tight waves. But I don't think of the Ouidad line as budget.

I’ve tried everything. I found Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Envey curl cream works best for my hair in humidity. I buy it at Rite Aid for six dollars. Works much better than all of the expensive products I’ve tried over the years.

I just bought this for my DD13 yesterday. She found some reviews online and said she heard it worked well. She used it and her hair looked awesome and held up in the heat. She's my guinea pig so I'm going to buy myself a bottle today! I paid $4 at Walmart.

I just bought this for my DD13 yesterday. She found some reviews online and said she heard it worked well. She used it and her hair looked awesome and held up in the heat. She's my guinea pig so I'm going to buy myself a bottle today! I paid $4 at Walmart.
I’m going to start looking for it at Walmart. $4 is better than $6!

I was going to suggest the same thing. Not necessarily budget friendly, but it worked wonders for my hair! Plus I wasted a ton of money trying to find a product that worked and nothing really helped.

I was just in Florida during some of the most humid days and my hair looked the best it ever had. And since it lasts 4-6 months, you do get your monies worth.

To help save money on a Brazilian Blowout, look for a Groupon in your area and combine it with a discount off offer when they have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter