Hair dryers in cabins . . .

bbgallini

Earning My Ears
Are the electrical outlets in the bathroom unusable for hair dryers? My Passporter says there is a sign that says "For Shavers Only." Can you bring an adapter to use your own hair dryer? Thanks!!

You can not use them in the bathroom, but you can elsewhere. There is a plug behind the drawers in the living room area. I would suggest bringing an extension for that, as it is a hard to reach area.

I brought my own and used it in the living area. The one in the bathroom wasn't strong enough for my long hair.

I know it's one more thing to pack but I would suggest bringing your own dryer. My hair is very thin and it took forever using the dryer provided. It got hot enough to burn my hand but not dry my hair, go figure!

My hair doesn't like unknown haridryers, lol, so I am casting another vote to bring your own--the one in the bathroom has an awkward shape if you style your hair--it reminds me of a vaccum hose. Mine fit (with no extention cord) at the mirrored area near the couch. Better to be safe than sorry.

Another vote here for bringing your own. I have fine hair and can usually get away with just about any dryer but I have never seen a dryer like the ones in those bathrooms!! LOL!!! It was like some crazy mixed up vacuum cleaner hose.:rotfl: :confused3

I always bring my own and use it at the desk; however, I needed the power strip we brought to plug it in. Power strip comes in handy on the desk for battery chargers, laptops and hairdryers!

If you're picky, bring your own.
The in cabin dryers apparently vary in quality from cabin to cabin. DD has long, very thick hair and loved the in cabin dryer better than the one she has at home.
However, it really is moot, since 15 minutes outside in the humidity and wind, and all the styling will be undone.

If you're picky, bring your own.
The in cabin dryers apparently vary in quality from cabin to cabin. DD has long, very thick hair and loved the in cabin dryer better than the one she has at home.
However, it really is moot, since 15 minutes outside in the humidity and wind, and all the styling will be undone.

We liked the dryers in the cabin too though we really did not use it much (just to sometimes dry hair after a late night shower)..style your hair as much as you want but as soon as you go outside all your hard work is a waste.

Well this is good to know. I thought about bringing my own but I won't. One less thing to pack and I will probably just end up pulling it in a ponytail anyway.

cobbler - That sounds like the perfect idea. I was going to suggest that, especially if you're on a short cruise. The hairdryers in the staterooms are different and not great. I have thick hair that takes forever to blow dry, but I made do with the dryer provided (I think I had packed my dryer, but it was under the bed in the suitcases and not worth digging out & finding somewhere to plug it in!) I found that it really didn't matter too much on our 3-day cruise. Most of the time, I just wanted to hurriedly fix my hair and get on to other things. There was only a brief time each day that I felt like my hair really mattered (evenings for dinner, pictures and show).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter