hair braiding at castaway cay

Pigletandpooh

Disney Princess At Heart!
Hi
I was wondering if anyone knew how much hairbraiding was at castaway cay for cornrows?If anyone know that would be great!
Thanks
Nicoleprincess:

Can anyone give me an estimate of how many braids my 11 DD would need? She has pretty thin long blond hair, just below her shoulders.

Thanks,
Sandy

We just returned from the 1/24 eastern and DD12 had her hair braided on CC. Most of the girls that age were doing what is called a "crown" braiding. They braid the top front half of the head. My DD's hair is longer and they charge .50 more per braid for longer hair. ANyway, with the upcharge, she had 18 braids and it cost $45 plus tip. Her friend had hair just below the shoulder and her cost was $38 (19 braids) plus tip. Just a note, the girls said it really hurt to have it braided. My DD has a tough head (lots of dance competition hair !) but we did see some girls holding a towel to their eyes so others could not see their tears! I read somewhere to give them Tylenol before you go if you think pain might be an issue.

And don't forgot to use sunscreen. For the most part, no pun intended.....the scalp don't see much sun and will burn easy!

8 year old had whole head done in combo of cornrows and braids for $55. Her hair was above sholders length

How easy do they come out??? Had an adult friend that did this once and her head itched constantly & some of her hair fell out when she took this out (she probably left them in for around 4 days.)

My 8 year old had her hair braided on Castaway Cay and it cost about $50 with the tip. And yes, it hurt her pretty bad, and she was actually crying during some of it. :( It also took a while to take out and that hurt too as the braids are so small. Though she did have some tears it sure was fun to have and she left it in for a month!

The women who did the braiding on CC suggested coating the braids in conditioner when you are ready to take them out. DD had it done last Friday and hers still look great! By the way, they do hairbraiding on the ship by the pool area on Deck 9 but the appointments fill up fast. If you prefer to have it done earlier in the week on the ship, they start taking appointments the first day you are on board. On the 1/24 eastern, they took apppointments on Saturday from 5:30 - 6:30 in Preludes, Deck 4. Check your Navigator! If you do it earlier, make sure you have the spray-on sunscreen for the scalp. I think it's called Baby Tender Scalp Spray but any spray-in sunscreen would do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter