• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hagrids Motorbike Adventure

pfeifer1990

Mouseketeer
We have Friday, May 13 from 11 am - 6 PM (park closes for Graventure night for middle schoolers and they can start getting in at 4pm) or
8 am to noon on Saturday May 14 to ride Hagrids. With limited time in the park we don't want to waste too much time in line
(we have express for all the other rides on our list).
What would be the better plan (keeping in mind we want spend time enjoying the HP atomsphere as much as possible)?
Get in line for Hagrids at 4 on Friday (this week the line dropped to 45 minutes late in the afternoon) or head there first on Saturday morning
at early admission?
Thank you in advance.

Full disclosure: Hagrid's is my absolute favorite ride ever anywhere, so I'm probably biased :rolleyes1

Having said that, I'd watch times on Friday - we actually found around noon/lunch time it would drop down some - & definitely get it in then, because it sometimes does go down or have a delayed opening& it looks like you only have a few hours Sat morning. This also gives you 2 shots at getting on it 👍!

Last edited:
If you can be at the gates EARLY for early entry, that will be by far the lowest wait - assuming it is running properly. Since it has been iffy some mornings (from reports on here, not personal experience), for me Sat AM would be an "in addition", not an "only option / primary plan." Also If you're near the front of the pack, after Hagrids you will then be able to enjoy Hogsmeade w/o crowds, and/or hop on a practically walk-on Velocicoaster. If you arrive to the gate when early entry is officially starting, however, you will have a wait for Hagrids even then. Key is to be at the front of the EE crowd.

Like @DoryGirl1963 said, keep an eye Friday afternoon as it does tend to have lulls on lower crowd days - even if posted 50min it might in reality be closer to 30min.

I lean towards early Saturday also, but concern about delays and not getting to ride are always an issue. I would probably try for Friday also. Bummer you are there on an early close night as my absolute favorite time in Hogsmeade is evening.

Are you able to hop in line right before park close or is the line sometimes shut down early?

It was down for awhile this afternoon so I went on FJ. When it reopened the time jumped quickly to 75 minutes

Watch the waiting times on Friday. As mentioned, they do wax and wane at times.
If you go Saturday, be in line at least 30+ minutes ( I suggest 45) before the EE, assuming you are staying on site. If not, don't waste you time getting in line Saturday morning for it. By the time the park opened, 30 minutes after EE, the was 90 minutes all 3 days we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter