Had one day, spent it at AK, got some Disney magic

Mollygirl21

Mouseketeer
We had just one day at Disney before going on a cruise a couple weeks ago - just DH and I and we met up with another couple around 1pm. We decided AK was the park for our one day visit since our 5 year didn’t really enjoy it when we were there last year so we missed much of it. Plus we wanted to check out Avatar land.

We arrived soon after the park opened and headed to NRJ. There was a 45 minute wait and I wish we hadn’t bothered. I just don’t get these floating boat rides and why people think it’s worth it to wait any time for them. Sure, it was pretty but that’s it. There was a 3 hour wait for FOP but we had a FP for later.

From there we went to EE and rode it before it broke down just as we were about to get on for the second time. We waited about 15 mins and then it was up and running again. It would go down again later in the day.

We then headed to the safari and just as we were about to load in the Jeep, we were told there were “animals blocking the road” - translation - it was broken down too as evidenced by the Jeep that was towed out a while later. But as always, the safari was great

We went to the Yak and Yeti counter service for lunch and both enjoyed it - I had the honey chicken, DH had the teriyaki beef. We also had the sangria there which was really good. We already had a dole whip with dark rum before the safari - we tried it later with the coconut rum and liked it even better.

We met up with our friends and spent some time roaming around with them. Our FPs didn’t match up because they bought their tickets too late. This meant we had FP for FOP but they didn’t. We went off and did that and it was absolutely amazing! I don’t gush too much about anything even though I love Disney but this ride was just WOW. We both loved it. I will say it was intense and I wouldn’t take my 5 year old on it.

We met up with our friends again and did It’s Tough to Be A Bug because they had never been.

Headed over to Dinoland for their Dinosaur FP and then met up for Primeval Whirl and then headed to the carnival games. DH and our friend were the only two adults playing with some kids each time so of course, they were winning. The first time, our friend gave his prize to a little girl who looked at him very suspiciously but took it.

Here’s the magic part:

DH won the next game, the prize was a pink dragon. He gave it to the little girl sitting next to him and her eyes absolutely lit up - she was so pleased to get that pink dragon, it was awesome. As we were deciding what to do next, a man came up to us and said “that was a really nice thing you did there...we have an anytime FP for Flight of Passage for 3 and we can’t use it so here you go” !!!!! There were 4 of us but one of our friends didn’t think she would enjoy the intensity of the ride so we got to ride again!

We tried to see ROL but were too late getting out of FOP to get into the seating area. We tried to watch from the bridge by Dinoland but the view wasn’t great. So we decided to head to the Polynesian to catch the fireworks from the beach there.

Got to the beach just after the fireworks started, watched that for a bit and then went inside to Trade Sam’s. There was no line and we were able to get a table within 5 mins of walking in. It was fun and the food/drinks were great.

It was a fantastic day at Disney and after our family trip last year, I thoroughly enjoyed the different pace of an adult-only day.

Love to see Pass it Forward. You gave, and then received. Very neat day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter