Gulf State Park DIS Meet 2019 (Episode 4)

Jim I will leave that to Mike. He can see if from his front door. I'm moving down to site 8 as soon as it's vacated in the morning. I believe your site was occupied tonight but not sure.

Michael,

That fits pretty well on that site.

We made it to our overnight outside of Huntsville. We'll probably be up and on the road fairly early. We are used to being up between 5 and 6 for work, so I don't sleep much past 7 on the weekend.

Joe or Michael.

Do you mind checking on site 2 and let me know if it is empty? That may also determine when we hit the road. It should be another 6 hours to GSP from here, but I'm going to stop at Buckee's and fill up the main tank and pick up some DEF. The dash light came on going through Nashville and told me I only had 800 miles before I was out.

j

Currently someone is on your site, as well as Joe's.

No fear however, I plan to be up early sipping coffee and awkwardly staring at them. Shouldn't take long.

Got a basic setup done when we got here. @PaHunter was already in and set up and came up to help me out. I had a strange issue with auto level but after some foul language and ugly looks it decided to work as it should.

@Flametamr came in shortly and we all loaded up and went to Gulf Island Grill for dinner.
IMAG1733.jpg

IMAG1734.jpg

IMAG1735.jpg

Great as always.

We talked some camping especially Pahunters trip down and the look on the waitresses face when she asked where he was from and he told her. Poor girl.

Afterwards myself and DD got some grocery shopping done. Looking forward to seeing some more friends rolling in tomorrow. You guys be safe.

Jim, I'll text you when that site opens up.

Randy, your site is empty

Garneska, you're open as well

Joe, I'll see about yours and let you know when she pulls out.

DD wants some beach time tomorrow so we may go around lunch.

Just getting started.

All right, since many of you helped me understand the prevalence of alligators in the south, maybe you could now help me identify the food. Looking at the food pictures you posted, I recognize the hamburger. Does one of the other pictures have scallops? And, no idea at all about the top picture.

We have been on the road for an hour. Plan was to leave condo at 6:30. We were out at 6:39. Hoped to leave with rig at 7:30 was 7:45. Not too bad. Issue is rig is north of atlanta and we were heading south. Got a good enough jump not too bad. Next big road block is Montgomery.

740C2088-D7FD-40B1-BCBD-F686C45F97F2.jpeg

Ready to go!

All right, since many of you helped me understand the prevalence of alligators in the south, maybe you could now help me identify the food. Looking at the food pictures you posted, I recognize the hamburger. Does one of the other pictures have scallops? And, no idea at all about the top picture.

Top pick is the Gulf Island Ya Ya, very good!

Rice, shrimp, sausage, toasted bread. Very good seasoning. The other was Flametamr plate. He'll have to comment on that.

This morning is great. Temp mild, good breeze off lake.
1558703933237-1791886363.jpg

Early morning coffee
15587039969711555274859.jpg

Rode our bikes down to the beach. We went to the middle beach. It's only accessible by bike or walking so usually pretty empty.
IMAG1742.jpg

And it was...
IMAG1743.jpg

IMAG1744.jpg

Only one couple on the beach.
IMAG1745.jpg

Turtle nest is marked
IMAG1756.jpg

IMAG1755.jpg

The walkway last year was open all way to beach. This year it's a bit deep in sand.
IMAG1757.jpg

Patrick just rolled in. Teamubr site is open. Got Flametamr moved onto site 8 as well.

Unless site 3 isn’t taken - great site & Ed is in front. I am almost in tears because that should be our site starting yesterday. Went by dealsrship this morn., still no part. Arnold had somemore cat scans done early this morn. Just woke up from a nap. Michael LOVE your camper!! Outside kitchen, aren’t they wonderful!. The food looked great. I cooked breakfast @ Denny’s this morn.
Keep the inform coming, when U have time. I let the gators go on a long vacation, so should not have any problems.

We arrived about an hour ago. We literally followed Kris and Bert the last 10 miles. Michael and his DD met us at our turn and Chris was taking pics as we backed into the site. Something about documenting the condition of the site before i stuck the camper and truck in.

A/C is on and the satellite is up. Donna is happy.

Now out to make the rounds and take Chris a present.

j

Are we allowed to bring our musket Mickey and/or disboards member signs? Wasn’t sure if GSP had a rule against anything like that. Didn’t see anything in their rules. (If no one brought theirs I’ll leave mine at home lol)

Are we allowed to bring our musket Mickey and/or disboards member signs? Wasn’t sure if GSP had a rule against anything like that. Didn’t see anything in their rules. (If no one brought theirs I’ll leave mine at home lol)

I bring mine, bishoparc, and the Mickey Globe Light.

Ed

Was outside and felt a rumbling...

View attachment 402973

View attachment 402974

The Earth has literally tilted on its axis as PaHunter and SouthAlabama5er are only about 100 feet apart.

Randy brought Big Blue. I recognize him (BB I mean).

Cool.

Ed

PS - next week looks good on the forecast. It's gonna be hotter at home next week. :beach:

PPS - ya'll are killin' me with these pictures. Sunday can't get here soon enough.

Last edited:
So a quick recap so far, as Wi Fi is horrible and the others are doing a great job of posting. We arrived Thursday about 2pm got in to our site and set up. Met up with Flametamer, and waited for Tiggerdad. They were gracious enough to let us tag along for dinner at the Gulf Island Grill, the Ya Ya was very good and the DW had Grouper which was also good.

Here are some pictures....
IMG_8576S.jpg

Our Site
IMG_8568small.jpg
Team UBR arrival, just before two vehicles cut behind his backing up.

IMG_8590S.jpg

Big Blue arriving.

IMG_8519S.jpg

Wildlife

IMG_8525S.jpg

Dragonfly

IMG_8546S.jpg

The Osprey on the nest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!