Guest relations at DHS - opening hours?

musika

Everybody wants to be a cat.
We have Canadian discount tickets and so we need to visit Guest Relations prior to our first park entry. We don't arrive until late evening and so going somewhere the night before is really not convenient with 2 kids in tow. DHS is our first park. I'm planning on an early start so we can attempt to snag a ROTR BG, but does anyone know how early we'll be able to sort our tickets before we can join the masses at the tapstiles?

I don't think it's that early. I think it's like an hr before park opening, and if it's EMH early day, say, 8 am EMH for a normal 9am day, GR would also open at 8am. Depending on how late, it might be an option to either go to a late hrs park like MK or go to a Disney Springs ticket booth. Disney Springs is open later typically, and the ticket booths have about the same capabilities as GR at the parks. For RotR, we were getting there by 6:30 for 8/9am on 12/5-12/6, and boarding groups were already 40 and 25 for those days. Not sure how they are post grand opening, but probably not significantly easier yet.

So the past 2 trips, we flew the red eye and took the bus over to hotel after midnight. The 1st trip being in Aug., there were room availability and they let us in early to nap before 1st park. This past trip being on Thanksgiving Day- they were actually overbooked according to CM. We felt like hobos, but we sprawled out on the couches in the lobby in front of the TV. Every time I saw people checking out, I asked for a room, and finally was able to get one. And we were able to grab a nap and store all our luggage. It was tempting to go to HS (open at 7, no RotR yet but we haven't been on Smuggler's), but we ended up going to AK (9am) so we could RD what we thought would be the least busy park that day.

Last edited:
We have Canadian discount tickets and so we need to visit Guest Relations prior to our first park entry. We don't arrive until late evening and so going somewhere the night before is really not convenient with 2 kids in tow. DHS is our first park. I'm planning on an early start so we can attempt to snag a ROTR BG, but does anyone know how early we'll be able to sort our tickets before we can join the masses at the tapstiles?
when are you coming?

I alerted folks on the Canadian board about your question here, but in the meantime, you might want to read some experiences with the Canadian Resident tickets at this thread on the Canadian trip-planning forum.

when are you coming?

Jan 26 is the day in question. I'm avidly following the ROTR thread on BGs and hoping that things calm down a bit by then.

I alerted folks on the Canadian board about your question here, but in the meantime, you might want to read some experiences with the Canadian Resident tickets at this thread on the Canadian trip-planning forum.

Thanks, I meant to cross post but forgot! Just wasn't sure if whether the current situation with the early arrivals meant that guest relations might be open a bit earlier as well.

OP, If things stay as they are now, it'd really be to your benefit to sort out the tickets the night before if at all possible. By the time Guest Relations opens and you finish there, you could end up without a RotR boarding group.

OP, If things stay as they are now, it'd really be to your benefit to sort out the tickets the night before if at all possible. By the time Guest Relations opens and you finish there, you could end up without a RotR boarding group.

I was afraid of that. My issue is that we don't even land until 6pm, so by the time we get through DME and into our room, based on past experience, it's going to be pushing 9pm. Though now with Skyliner perhaps we could validate elsewhere? Hmmm off to google park hours Jan 25...

Like I said before, Guest Relations opens an hour before the official opening time. For the date the OP is coming it should be alright as it's lower season

Thanks @yulilin3 I was hoping you'd be able to chime in. I'm following along in the ROTR threads so will adjust if needed if things don't calm down a bit by then. I feel for all of you that are attempting Christmas!

Thanks @yulilin3 I was hoping you'd be able to chime in. I'm following along in the ROTR threads so will adjust if needed if things don't calm down a bit by then. I feel for all of you that are attempting Christmas!
yeah, if you were coming within the next 2 weeks I would be concerned but during that time of year it will be fine. Have a fun trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter