Guest Parking Question

NCDisNut

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are going to be in Orlando for business and we'll be staying off of Disney property. I usually like to visit the boardwalk while I'm down there, but I'm usually staying on property and I have a parking pass. Can you go to the Boardwalk Resort and use their guest parking even if you are not staying at another Disney resort?

Yes, they are open to the public and you may park there while you are visiting the resort to shop, dine, look around etc.

Yes, they are open to the public and you may park there while you are visiting the resort to shop, dine, look around etc.

Right, but not to go to the theme park like Epcot or DHS. The lots can't accommodate that level of traffic.

OP, how do you have a resort parking pass when staying off property?

Right, but not to go to the theme park like Epcot or DHS. The lots can't accommodate that level of traffic.

OP, how do you have a resort parking pass when staying off property?

I don't. I usually stay on property and have one, but this time I am staying off property and I do not. I wasn't sure if it was me having a resort parking pass for another Disney property in the past that was enabling me to use their guest parking or if anyone could use it.

I'm happy to learn that anyone can use it because we frequently go to the Boardwalk area in the afternoons for a walk and a beer.

It also depends on when you are going - for example during Flower & Garden and Food & Wine the self parking lots are only open to guests staying at that hotel (they were turning non-guests away) - for open parking at Boardwalk, you could park across the street in the grassy area behind the Hess. You can valet park however - guest or not.
Beach and Yacht club parking was closed to all except hotel guests during F&W - we wanted to go to Beaches & Cream for a birthday treat for me and were turned away at the gate even though we had a parking pass for a different resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter