• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guest of Honor Badge...is it worth it?

Vivig

<font color=teal>Addicted to DISboards<br><font co
We will be arriving at WDW late March 10, 2004. I was wondering is it worth it for us to track down where they sell the Guest of Honor Badge and purhase one for our 6 year old son? What are the benefits? Where can we purchase one? I understand there is a new design has anyone seen the new badges?

Thanks very much...I sure this question has been asked a million times..sorry for the repeat question.

Thanking you all in advance for your thoughts,
Vivian

We got ours at DTD at Christmas Around the World for all of the kids. I even ended up getting one for each of us with the names Mom and Dad on them for our October trip! They loved wearing them and having CM call them by name. I am not sure but I think that you can get them at one of the parks????? Anyone? Pixie dust to you!

Ya know, I've seen them somewhere online, but couldn't tell you wherr :confused:

They sound really cool. The characters (those that talk) and castmembers will call your child by name. I've heard that they are available at the stores in WDW. We'll be getting these! I like the idea of having one for "Mom" and "Dad"!

I think we got ours at a shop on the main street in MGM. It was on the right hand side, inside with the area where you can get hats embroidered.

They were well worth the money. Just be prepared to have CMs call you by name. I was caught off guard several times.

Originally posted by amylovesdisney
They were well worth the money. Just be prepared to have CMs call you by name. I was caught off guard several times.

I got two at the on-line source mentioned previously...One for myself and one for Cash, the Wonder Dog. What took me off guard was to have other tourists mistake us (HA!) for CMs....
It really added to the magic... Next time I'll have one for Pal Mickey...:earseek:

Our sons both have them and always wear them in the park.

Several CM's every day will address them by name because of the badges. The kids (especially younger ones), seem to really get a kick out of this.

When DS was 7 the Astro Orbitor was one of the very first rides we did during his first trip to WDW. He was very nervous about riding it. The young CM addressed him by name and reassured him it would be fine. After everyone was seated and ready to go, the CM came over the loudspeaker telling "David" and everyone else to get ready to take. He really got a kick out this.

The badges are available at many locations throughout the parks and Downtown Disney. The problem is they only stock "typical" names. If the name you need is not stocked, you can get custom made ones. Believe it or not, Jacob, one of the top 5 boy's names for several years, is not stocked. We had one made at DTD.

I got one for DS8 at the shop in MGM. Can't remember the name of the place, but it is on the right hand side of the street, second one before your turn to go towards TOT. Josh LOVED his, as he was addressed by name. Some of the characters that DIDN'T talk put his name in their signatures in his autograph book. I think the best was when Wes Palm talked to him at AK. He could NOT figure out how this talking palm tree knew his name!!!! He had a great conversation with him too. You haven't experienced Disney Magic until you see an 8 year old squaring off with a talking palm tree!!! It is going to be one of those stories I tell repeatedly when I'm "in the home"!!!!!! Hopefully that won't be for another 50 years!!!!

Is there a way to find out if a certain name is stocked? My girls have very typical names: Hannah and Rebecca

We ordered ours for everyone before our last trip - sorry I can't remember where. But we were all called by name, and my teen aged boys were constantly mistaken for CMs. In fact, they stopped wearig their because they got tired of being asked where the rest rooms were! LOL Us grownups enjoyed it, though.

Have fun!

got them and really enjoyed having the CM call them by name. When we went to Cindy's Breakfast, all the Princesses called them by name which was VERY special. They also make a great addtion to a pin lanyard.

HollyJoy- They have blank badges and will print your daughter's name if it is not in stock. It does take a few minutes (like maybe 5) to have this done.

The store in MGM that sells these is Celebrity 5 and 10. It doesn't take long to have one made.

My boys and I have these too and the boys LOVE them! My oldest loves having CM's greet him by name.

I know that the store at Laughingplace.com has DL badges I'm not sure if they have WDW alsopirate:

Oh yes...get them!!! Our favorite memories were made more special because the girls wore the badges. We had a blast with Wes Palm at AK too!!! He was so funny because he was talking to my girls and these two little boys kept getting in the way and CLIMBING on him. He set them straight by asking them if they saw "Mr. Security Man" over there, because he was going to come get them and remove them from the park!!
Anyway, we have personalized autographs galore and the CM's really made them feel special everywhere we went. Also, I didn't really notice many people with them in the parks! DTD had ours made in a flash! $5.99 last May!

Oooooooooooo, I know my children will love getting the extra attention from these badges. We are going to MGM first, so we'll be stopping by Celebrity 5 and 10 for two badges.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter