Guesses about Dec 2023 release for Magic and Wonder?

I've posted this before and I'm posting it again!! We have a Disney ship contract here in Texas - and we wanna use it!! Well, at least I DO! It's rough going out of Galveston in the fall/winter for those of us who have motion sickness, but we love the option.

"The agreement is for an additional 10 years, starting Nov. 1, 2018, and includes an option to renew for two additional five-year periods, according to a Jan. 17 press release. Disney is projected to nearly double its sailings from Galveston over the first five years of the potentially 20-year agreement, per the release."

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/01/17/port-of-galveston-inks-long-term-deal-with-disney.html#:~:text=The Port of Galveston and,17 press release.
The Magic will be there starting in December, 2023.

The charging ports could obviously be USB-C instead. Who said that they have to be USB-A? Or, why not both?

Of course, none of this matters if you're charging your phone overnight. It'll have plenty of time to charge, even with a USB-A to USB-C cable.
I wish I could get my phone to last past 4pm, without the backup charger case I use it only lasts til around noon. All 4 upgraded phones did the same, I must have something from my first phone that is flawed and unchangeable at this point that still carries over. Low battery mode usually gets me just through though with the extra battery.
I'm just always puzzled when people talk about this shortage of outlets in hotel rooms or cruise ships or anywhere else. I plug my phone in when I got back to the room and it's fully charged by the time I get out of the shower. I think the need to "charge overnight" is the product of people upgrading their phones to more and more powerful devices without upgrading their power supplies accordingly. A 2014 charger will take forever to charge a 2022 phone.
So if you have two adults and three teenagers. (Not sure how many you travel with, less is better) Here is a sample vacation Electric requirements.
5 phones
1- high quality camera
CPAP
Laptop
1-2 game units
Bathroom:
Curling iron, shaver, rechargeable toothbrush, their hairdryer. Keeping the phones away from water hazards though.

I did pretty well with 3 people in a room but now with 5 adults. Now with 2 minimally disabled senior citizens though. I help them as they are easily disoriented when it comes to bathroom time. I actually get off the couch and have to walk my dad to the bathroom so I have to be a light sleeper on the ships.

Anyway…a few extra high speed USB’s would be nice in a dry dock.

What were you thinking they need it done? If I were to make a suggestion for all ships it would be to have one USB charging port for every bed in the room at a minimum since we’re all required to carry a phone now in lue of navigator.
It was quite annoying to have to stand over by the desk in the cabin attached to USB cord to discuss what we were hoping to do the next day, because the phone was dead!
Our room on the wonder (I saled in July) had a usb charging panel by the desk (which is all of 2 footsteps from the bed, not sure why that’s annoying to stand by?) plus an outlet for 2 items by each bed that, unlike hotel rooms, was not taken up by lamps or alarm clocks. We charged our phones by the bed at night so we’d have “alarm clocks” next to us and everything else by the desk.

as for the Wonder, I do think she probably needs some under-the-hood work. We were on the cruise where she sustained damage and we heard from others that this wasn’t the first time. I didn’t seem to think anything else seemed run-down in any way (honestly, I thought it looked better than the Fantasy from 2018), just maybe some updates to the seats in the theatres (not run-down, just odd styling), upgrading doors to be automatic, upgrade to the sports area, etc.

Our room on the wonder (I saled in July) had a usb charging panel by the desk (which is all of 2 footsteps from the bed, not sure why that’s annoying to stand by?) plus an outlet for 2 items by each bed that, unlike hotel rooms, was not taken up by lamps or alarm clocks. We charged our phones by the bed at night so we’d have “alarm clocks” next to us and everything else by the desk.

I see why you misunderstood me. As a dyslexic I don’t do a very good job of explaining things.

•Ever since we had the phone burn up it was explained that 3 foot cords are safer than the extended cords.

•When you favorite for your phone it does not favorite on another’s phone. (maybe this has changed) it could be a helpful reminder that you can get a quick swim in because grandma is going to arrive at bingo right as it starts and that you need to remember to go to pre-bingo sales.

• no matter who sets up my phone DCL or Apple the darn thing just doesn’t last all day even though I have a battery back up.

• Plus my CPAP adapter covers 1-1/2 outlets. Same for the High end camera.

Maybe my problem was that I was on the Magic last May, maybe it’s because I have to also charge the back up portable chargers which I did on the TV.

We did not see more than one outlet and two USBs at the desk none by the couch at one on each side of the bed. Although I realize we could’ve used the bathroom outlets better I never feel comfortable leaving expensive appliances near water source.

“Magical Cruise Company” which is owned by Disney has just registered a business in Australia. Additionally DCL will be first time participants in the annual trade show in Australia starting August 25th. Rumor is alive and well.
And if you search disneycruiseline.com.au you get an interesting redirection address

I’m still trying to book for December of 2023. I’ve signed in as gold membership but still can’t find anything for Magic. What am I doing wrong here? It’s 14 months out so is it private cruising or going in for a tuneup?

Last edited:
I’m still trying to book for December of 2023. I’ve signed in as gold membership but still can’t find anything for Magic. What am I doing wrong here? It’s 14 months out so is it private cruising or going in for a tuneup?
I think the post Panama Canal cruises will be released with the Jan-May 2024 dates. Maybe in a couple weeks? They're working through the Aus/NZ ones now, and next week are the Hawaii/South Pacific ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter