Guess who has the best selling jersey in the NFL as of today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this is how it started.

0901-colin-kaepernick-socks-getty-zoom-3.jpg

Seems like it's something different now.

How is a thread showing socks portraying police as pigs not political.

At least those jerseys have sleeves LOL , the basketball ones are just as expensive

There are sleeved basketball jerseys. I personally think they're hideous, but it's just one more item to market.

I even when Georgetown went to sleeved jerseys where it was a tank with the sleeves sewn in. That was kind of bizarre, as a tribute to the setup that Patrick Ewing started, which was a cotton T-shirt under the tank.

I bought a jersey.

My BF in the entire universe is a retired Army Ranger, with multiple tours in Afghanistan, as well. If he was on his deathbed, and heard the national anthem start to play, he would crawl to his feet and put his hand over his heart.

I hate the division in our country today, and am normally a "grey" vs "black and white" person, but this young man touched my soul with his actions.

Terri

He apologized to his team. His plan was never to be out there by himself, but apparently once he found himself outside the tunnel he thought it would look awkward to leave.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...-national-anthem-protest/stories/201709250175

Alejandro Villanueva said he never intended to stand alone during the national anthem on Sunday and apologized to his teammates and coach Mike Tomlin for what he called “a very embarrassing” botching of the team’s pregame plan.

“Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself, I feel embarrassed,” Villanueva said.

“We butchered our plan.”

Continually, Villanueva apologized to the rest of the team.

“I made coach Tomlin look bad, and that is my fault and my fault only,” he said. “I made my teammates look bad, and that is my fault and my fault only.

“When everybody sees an image of me standing by myself, everybody thinks that the team and Steelers are not behind me, and that’s absolutely wrong. It’s quite the opposite. Actually, the entire team would’ve been out there with me, even the ones that wanted to take a knee.”​

Just like an earlier poster mentioned about how people should be inspired to stand for the anthem, protest should be an attempt to coax or change hearts. This kneeling is not the way.
In your opinion. Obviously the ones kneeling think it is the best way to get their message across. And unfortunately for you, their peaceful protest is a freedom protected by our constitution, those very freedoms our brave soldiers fight for. Would I do it.. absolutely not. But I respect each and every person's right to peacefully protest as they see fit.

They only have the right to protest in such a manner if their employer doesn't mind. Obviously they don't.

Personally I see nothing wrong with it. I don't think it will change anything but to each their own.

Um, because it's not?
In case you are wondering, that is not the president wearing those socks.

So as a LEO you should not be offended by this political statement. No wonder he doesn't have a job in NFL! So all the antifa & sjw should be happy with this thread.

This is such a political thread. Maybe I should start posting ODMP posts see how long that lasts.

They only have the right to protest in such a manner if their employer doesn't mind. Obviously they don't.

Personally I see nothing wrong with it. I don't think it will change anything but to each their own.

In my eyes it is already changing something by getting a conversation started. Protest is supposed to make you uncomfortable and be inconvenient. It's not supposed to let people feel cozy and work around the schedules of the oppressors.

OK Angel Lorenzo-Gonzelez & Hector Matias-Torres killed responding to flood victims in PR. Good thing they were pigs on socks .

Roberto Medina- Mariana shot & killed while attempting to take action during a robbery while off duty

Good thing he saw those pig socks

In my eyes it is already changing something by getting a conversation started. Protest is supposed to make you uncomfortable and be inconvenient. It's not supposed to let people feel cozy and work around the schedules of the oppressors.

Meh, it's pretty much blown up in everyone's faces in STL. The whole Michael Brown thing has resulted in exactly the wrong kind of cops being the only ones willing to take the job around here. A day after the Stockley decision, support for protesters was running about 50/50 on social media. A week plus later, the overwhelming consensus is, "shut up & go home", especially as more facts are coming out.

It's interesting too that there were two major rulings on police killings just days apart in Missouri. One, a drunk in public charge, unarmed, with no criminal record. The other, a convicted heroin dealer with weapons charges shown on film attempting to run officers over with his car. Nobody is even talking about the first case. Precisely why nothing's gonna change, at least not for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter