Guess Tron Opening ?? 2022 vs 2023

When will Tron open??

• Total voters

pcdisneyqueen

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip in January and I’m curious if we will be able to ride Tron! Let’s see what people think! I’m interested to see how they will use this to incentivize people to come back after Guardians.

My personal opinion is they're going to try and get it up and running by Q4 of 2022. It's just been so long in the making, realizing a pandemic slowed it down dramatically. But it's looking closer to completion on the outside every day. It's also not a completely new attraction for Disney, having the Tron coaster up and running for years in China - it's tech they've had working well already, which seems like testing should be shorter. I guess we'll see how they plan to market this one. We had the amazing opportunity to actually ride it before in China, and have really been looking forward to another chance in Florida!

My personal opinion is they're going to try and get it up and running by Q4 of 2022. It's just been so long in the making, realizing a pandemic slowed it down dramatically. But it's looking closer to completion on the outside every day. It's also not a completely new attraction for Disney, having the Tron coaster up and running for years in China - it's tech they've had working well already, which seems like testing should be shorter. I guess we'll see how they plan to market this one. We had the amazing opportunity to actually ride it before in China, and have really been looking forward to another chance in Florida!
Yeah I hope they are trying to get it up and running quickly especially with the Railroad being down for so long!

I think they may have it ready to go by the end of the year, but like Remy they may sit on it since they just opened Guardians. My current guess is for around March '23 to close out the 50th.

I think they may have it ready to go by the end of the year, but like Remy they may sit on it since they just opened Guardians. My current guess is for around March '23 to close out the 50th.
Nightmare scenario for me lol we’re going one of the last weeks of the 50th which I know will likely be a little busier. But opening tron would make it over the top busier lol

Still better than going to work though.

I think we will find out during the parks portion of the D23 Expo in September and expect early 2023.

was hoping Oct 1st as we have a trip late October, but but with that less than 4 months away i am thinking spring 2023 at the earliest now.

WDW 50th is October 2021 - March 2023
Epcot 40th is October 2022 - October 2023
Disney Company's 100th is September 2022 - December 2023.

So they can hit a wide range of celebrations over the next year.

I voted January 2023.

- Still plenty to be done visually but they've moved quite fast last few months.
- Still think Oct 1 is too soon, but could be in end of Qtr 1 or 2.
- We've been hearing reports of train "noise".
- Cars are running on the tracks. Still need weight and more clearance testing.
- Have to finish the construction along SM for entry/exit.
- The ooops announcement SM renovation could be complete 2024.
- Feel like that renovation would take at least 18-24 months.
- I don't think Tron opens until SM goes down.
- SM usually goes down every January so .... fingers crossed. 🤞

There is no reason it shouldn't be open by Oct/Nov. The ride will be completed. It will just be a matter of whether or not they want it open.

Personally I think they will open it ASAP.

Since the *new disney* strategy is to charge for individual rides, ROI starts the second the gates open.

There is no reason it shouldn't be open by Oct/Nov. The ride will be completed. It will just be a matter of whether or not they want it open.
I agree. I think it will be 'done' by mid-October. It's just whether or not they'll have Cast Member/DVC/AP/D23+ previews for a month then open in November/December or not.

The train should open by September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter