Guardians spinning question

I’ve watched the DIS video of five different rides. Hard to tell since it’s in the dark.
That's when you hope for a complete breakdown with the lights on ;)

When it broke down halfway through for us during previews when it restarted briefly after it was just complete darkness as the screens turned off and the music as well.

This thread had a poll about motion sickness on Guardians of the Galaxy
It ONLY asked about nausea, not other reactions related to riding. A lot of people added their experiences to the thread.

I was in the severe nausea group, but was able (just) to avoid throwing up. I had taken Dramamine before because I was worried about the turning (Omni- action motion). Looking straight ahead helps some people, but didn’t help me because when you are looking straight ahead, your ride vehicle is often traveling sideways.

I don’t ride Expedition Everest or Rock N Roller Coaster, but don’t have a problem with 7 Dwarfs. I can do spinning with no problem on things like Rise of the Resistance, Remy, Toy Story Mania, Runaway Railroad, Dumbo. I had no problems on Harry Potter Forbidden Journey, Smuggler’s Run or Star Tours. I got slightly nauseous after the couple quick up and downs on Slinky Dog.
I can’t do the Teacups - mostly because it turns in more than one direction at a time.

This ride is interesting because some people who normally are not prone to motion sickness got it and others who get it from almost any ride didn’t have any problems. I think it has to do with what individual people have problems with, if they are present in this ride and how they are combined in this ride.
It doesn‘t have:
- drops
- jerking movements
- bumps from going up hill
- extended spinning
- any inversions

It does have:
- a backwards launch
- very smooth motion
- almost constant banking, some of it very steep. Most roller coasters have hills or flat places where you can catch your breath and recover before the next. This one doesn’t
- some sharp turns, often while banking
- the ride car turns sideways to point you at scenes (think Haunted Mansion at high speed)
- darkness
- screens with something going on somewhere most of the time
- banking while your ride car is turned sideways

For me, I think the issues included the almost constant banking, sharp turns and the ride car being sideways while going forward on the track (often while banking.

Last edited:
Which they didn't have those for the previews but there were a lot of reports of "barely made it" to trash can and people needing a good amount of recovery time. There's stairs you use ride after you're done with the ride which also was difficult for people although there is an elevator it's not going to be your quickest way out depending on how many people are trying to use it.
Yeah, I could barely walk after the preview. I managed to get to the room before the stairs. The benches were all taken so I sat on the floor for a good 10 minutes.

This thread had a poll about motion sickness on Guardians of the Galaxy
It ONLY asked about nausea, not other reactions related to riding. A lot of people added their experiences to the thread.

I was in the severe nausea group, but was able (just) to avoid throwing up. I had taken Dramamine before because I was worried about the turning (Omni- action motion). Looking straight ahead helps some people, but didn’t help me because when you âge looking straight ahead, your ride vehicle is often traveling sideways.

I don’t ride Expedition Everest or Rock N Roller Coaster, but don’t have a problem with 7 Dwarfs. I can do spinning with no problem on things like Rise of the Resistance, Remy, Toy Story Mania, Runaway Railroad, Dumbo. I had no problems on Harry Potter Forbidden Journey, Smuggler’s Run or Star Tours. I got slightly nauseous after the couple quick up and downs on Slinky Dog.
I can’t do the Teacups - mostly because it turns in more than one direction at a time.

This ride is interesting because some people who normally are not prone to motion sickness got it and others who get it from almost any ride didn’t have any problems. I think it has to do with what individual people have problems with, if they are present in this ride and how they are combined in this ride.
It doesn‘t have:
- drops
- jerking movements
- bumps from going up hill
- extended spinning
- any inversions

It does have:
- a backwards launch
- very smooth motion
- almost constant banking, some of it very steep. Most roller coasters have hills or flat places where you can catch your breath and recover before the next. This one doesn’t
- some sharp turns, often while banking
- the ride car turns sideways to point you at scenes (think Haunted Mansion at high speed)
- darkness
- screens with something going on somewhere most of the time
- banking while your ride car is turned sideways

For me, I think the issues included the almost constant banking, sharp turns and the ride car being sideways while going forward on the track (often while banking.
The banking is what killed me, I think. Sharp banks with high Gs make me nauseous. Space Mountain is the worst for this, but I’ve never thrown up from it. I got nauseous the first time I rode Slinky but just did it again recently after taking Bonine and it hardly bothered me. I would love to try Guardians again but the fact it hardly gives you any time to breath I think will make me sick no matter what. :(

I've decided to let my adult children ride and give me a review before I try it, if I can even get a boarding group. I don't do SDD or Everest, or Thunder Mountain or Tower of Terror but I love FOP. For me the difference is because of being on a motorcycle. I feel more in control. I lean with the dips and turns, and yes, I call out the entire ride! I love it! I tried Remi and didn't like how fast the screen changes as I'm just sitting there, so I may not be riding Guardians after all, we shall see in Sept.

I've decided to let my adult children ride and give me a review before I try it, if I can even get a boarding group. I don't do SDD or Everest, or Thunder Mountain or Tower of Terror but I love FOP. For me the difference is because of being on a motorcycle. I feel more in control. I lean with the dips and turns, and yes, I call out the entire ride! I love it! I tried Remi and didn't like how fast the screen changes as I'm just sitting there, so I may not be riding Guardians after all, we shall see in Sept.
As much as it sucks, given what rides you don’t do, I would skip it. I also love FoP and it doesn’t bother me at all. Same issue with being in “control.”

I just rode it a couple weeks ago. I was very concerned going on it the first time as I am very prone to motion sickness. There are a few rides at Disney that I won't ride again because they make me feel sick. However, this ride didn't make me too nauseous. Maybe slightly but it was very faint. I would definitely go on again. If I had to make a comparison it was a much smoother/less intense version of Space Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter