Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind will open May 27 with Virtual Queue

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
Disney announced Guardians of the Galaxy will open with Virtual Queue.
Individual Lightning Lane purchase will also be available; prices currently unknown, but likely to vary with date.

Other attractions had virtual queues when they opened and for a while afterwards - Remy Ratatouille Adventure, Rise of the Resistance, etc.
My family used Virtual Queue for Remy in October; I assume it will work the same for Cosmic Rewind.
Virtual Queue/Boarding Group is separate from and does not affect DAS Advance Selections or DAS Return Times.

1) ALL GUESTS first need to get into the Virtual Queue, which requires a valid park ticket and a park reservation for EPCOT.
This works the SAME WAY for guests with DAS as other guests.
The Virtual Queue opens at 7am on the My Disney Experience app, which is the only way to enter. At least in the early days of the attraction, all spots will likely be taken before 7:03am. Having a spot does NOT guarantee being able to ride.
IF there are any spots left after the park has opened, it will still be available in the app starting at 1pm and listed on the park status boards until gone.

2) Guests in the Virtual Queue are assigned a Boarding Group number. The lower your number, the earlier your group will be called to the ride to board.
The app will give an estimate of when your Boarding Group will be called, BUT keep checking back since this can change. If the ride breaks down or has issues, your time may get later. If things are going very well, it may get earlier. It is possible that guests with higher number Boarding Groups may not be called at all.

3) When the guest’s Boarding Group is called, they will get a message from the My Disney Experience app, so make sure you have enabled messages. When we did it for Remy, the notification also came to my Apple Watch.

4) When guests come to the attraction, their ticket/Magicband is scanned to verify their boarding group. Then, they enter the waiting line, which can have a 15-45 minute posted wait.
DAS comes into effect when your Boarding Group is called.
Instead of joining the waiting line, go to a CM near the entrance and tell them you have DAS. The DAS holder’s Magicband/ticket will be scanned to verify DAS (along with the rest of your group who are linked to DAS). CM at the entrance to the Lightning Lane will scan again to verify the Boarding Group is valid, then your group can enter thru the Lightning Lane (which can also have a wait, but shorter than the regular wait).

Last edited:
Sue - we also used Virtual Queue for Remy in October - in our experience once our Boarding Group was called we did not have to return right away - as long as it was anytime after our group was called, not before then, and we alerted them on our arrival that we had a DAS. Same as when we mark a DAS time in the park, there is not an "end" time to it. Was that your experience? The ride had also gone down for a bit during our day there so not sure if our experience was typical, but that was my understanding. Thanks!

Sue - we also used Virtual Queue for Remy in October - in our experience once our Boarding Group was called we did not have to return right away - as long as it was anytime after our group was called, not before then, and we alerted them on our arrival that we had a DAS. Same as when we mark a DAS time in the park, there is not an "end" time to it. Was that your experience? The ride had also gone down for a bit during our day there so not sure if our experience was typical, but that was my understanding. Thanks!
We went when our time came because it had been going in and out and our time was fairly late in the day. We were afraid if it did go down, we would not get in.

I read posts from people who were NOT using DAS that they went after the ‘window‘ and did get in. I was also concerned that since it did have a window, they could decide to hold to the window at any point

Does that mean that there are then 3 rides we can't pre-book? Or has that changed?
We can't pre-book Remy, Frozen, or Guardians, for the advanced selections, right?

Does that mean that there are then 3 rides we can't pre-book? Or has that changed?
We can't pre-book Remy, Frozen, or Guardians, for the advanced selections, right?
None of those can be done with DAS Advance Selections.
Remy and Frozen have a Standby Wait line, so you can get a DAS Return Time for them on your day of visit

None of those can be done with DAS Advance Selections.
Remy and Frozen have a Standby Wait line, so you can get a DAS Return Time for them on your day of visit
Now that Frozen, Everest, Space and MMRR aren’t ILL until August 8th, they still can’t be done for pre selections?

Additional information….
as of comments I’ve read in the first few days of the attraction opening, the 7am Virtual Queue is filling up within less than a minute.
There is also another opportunity to join a Virtual Queue in the park at 1pm. I had read there was another opportunity at 6 pm inside the park, but can’t find the story now, so not sure about thst.

Additional information….
as of comments I’ve read in the first few days of the attraction opening, the 7am Virtual Queue is filling up within less than a minute.
There is also another opportunity to join a Virtual Queue in the park at 1pm. I had read there was another opportunity at 6 pm inside the park, but can’t find the story now, so not sure about thst.

The 6pm virtual queue is for people staying at deluxe resorts on days Epcot stays open later for them. It is only accessible by deluxe resort guests and they do not have to have entered Epcot to join that virtual queue

The 6pm virtual queue is for people staying at deluxe resorts on days Epcot stays open later for them. It is only accessible by deluxe resort guests and they do not have to have entered Epcot to join that virtual queue
Thanks. Now I do remember reading that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter