GTY - when is the room assigned?

smchan

<font color=navy>Prefers to be original, thank you
I am a last minute planner and booked the 2/28 western Magic yesterday. I have a GTY room. Per Disney's website, GTY rooms are assigned at the port.

Is that true, or will I possibly find out earlier?

Thanks,
Sam

We were also booked on a GTY status, but rcvd our cabin number on our documents around three weeks out. If you're booked direct with Disney, I believe you can access your record on their website and check the status of your cabin assignment. Have a great cruise!:p

:wave2: We booked a cat. 11 gty in Oct. for May 2004 "Wonder" cruise. I kept checking our reservations on DCL website, and we are now booked in specific rooms. It took a couple of months. I hope this helps! Carol36 :D

We booked a GTY11 for March 6th Eastern. We received our room assignment after final payment, a little over 60 days out. I don't know if it was just coincidence that it happend after final payment or not.

Denae

Did any of you receive an upgrade with the GTY cat when you got your room assignment?

Yes!

We booked GTY11 and were assigned Category 9.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Denae

We also booked gty 11 room and received cat 9 rooms. We booked two weeks before our cruise and our TA received our documents about four days after we booked.

We booked a Guarenateed 11, and were assigned a 10 about 5 weeks prior to sailing.....

Hello,

we cruised the MAGIC last August on the 7 day Western. Our GTY room info came with our cruise docs, but they arrived later than others sailing with us. I called several times, as I was impatient and was told the assignment of the GTY depended upon the category. The lower cats were assigned their upgraded GTY's earlier as the lower cats seem to be in bigger demand closer to cruise date.

We went from port hole room to a navigators verandah, and this did not happen until 2 wks prior to our sailing.

How true this is, I do not know.

WE BOOKED A GTY CAT 11 ROOM IN JANUARY. WE RECEIVED OUR INFO PACKAGE YESTERDAY AND WE WERE ASSIGNED A CAT 9 ROOM. WE CRUISE FEB 26.

We just booked our 2/28 Western and have a GTY Cat. 9 and no room assignment yet. We are hoping for an upgrade. We booked through All Seasons Travel and they said we should be getting our tickets fed-exed from Disney two weeks prior which would be this Saturday. I'll let you know if we get a room # and hopefully an upgrade! See you on the cruise!! :wave2:

May be a silly question but, is it cheaper to book the GTY cabins vs. an assigned cabin when you book?

I ask because the two DCL cruises we went on we were given an assigned cabin number and we were never given another option. How does this work?

We tried to book a cat 9, two weeks ago and were told it was sold out. My dh decided to try again last friday and we got a gty room. From what I understand, you only get a gty room when the catagory is sold out. We will either get a cat. 9 room when someone cancels or they will upgrade us to another catagory. I don't know that it is any cheaper to go this route because it isn't something you can request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter