GTY room assignment.... How late?

luv2cruisedisney

DIS Veteran
So..... what is the latest anyone has recieved their assignment for a GTY. Anyone ever not get it until they arrived at port?

Not worried but we are about 3 weeks out and still haven't gotten our assignment yet.

P.S the sailing is wide open, still about 90 verandahs open:3dglasses

GTY or VGT? Typically GTY is assigned 30+ days out, and even if a GTY is booked within days of the cruise, the room gets assigned maybe a day after it is paid.
*GT on the other hand can be assigned last minute Usually 12 days or so out, but in my experience can be later than that.

So..... what is the latest anyone has recieved their assignment for a GTY. Anyone ever not get it until they arrived at port?

Not worried but we are about 3 weeks out and still haven't gotten our assignment yet.lots of times they offer those to people who want to upgrade a pay.

I've been assigned as late as 12 days before VGT.

There's a thread somewhere that people post in about when they made the reservation, and when it was assigned. but I can't find it right now. There are some listed HERE.

I am now 6 days out and no assignment. When I try to change my room it says none left apart from concierge?

On the sept 11 4 day Fantasy. Booked august 27 late at night. I did book a 11b GTY. Last time I did a 12 GTY on the Wonder and got moved to a 9C. I am good with inside on a Bahamas cruise though

Not worried but we are about 3 weeks out and still haven't gotten our assignment yet.

As noted, "GTY" vs "*GT" are different.

Pre-COVID days - GTY reservations would receive their room assignments in the 45-60 days out from cruise window. And *GT would receive their room assignments about 7-10 days out (usually on a Tuesday).

Whether that still holds true or not, I don't know. But, that said, ANY guarantee booking can receive their room assignments at any time from booking day up to, and including, embarkation day.

Our first cruise we didn't know our room number until we checked in at the port. Most other guarantee bookings we did were anywhere from 3 days after booking, a month out, a week out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter