grrr....southwest

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
Of course the fares come out when I am at work and for some reason Southwest's reservations page gets blocked for offensive material ??? ( i work in a school) and so now a lot of the cheap fares are listed as unavailable. Does this mean they are sold out for good?? Should I book now and take what I can get or wait for a fare sale?

I logged on the minute they were released and a number of the cheaper fares were not available, especially for my return flight. My guess is that they were never offered, so I don't think you missed out on anything. I would book the dates and time you want and hope for a discount later. Good Luck!

I got our 6 tickets to Spokane but they haven't released beyond Aug 3 and our return is August 9th!!!!

I spoke with two agents and they did admit it was a bit unusual but blamed it on the merge with ATA and some unsettled routes etc.

Hope we can get a good return fare! All the cheap tickets were gone for two of the three flights to Spokane on our departure day and she told me that these flights had been listed only 28 minutes earlier!!!

Good luck everyone!

I would book now and wait until they release their new dates and see if they come down or better times are available. Last year I booked for April vacation and when they released their new days a couple months later, I was able to change to an earlier flight.

This year, however, I booked again for April vacation and had to pay over $300 per ticket. When they released their new dates yesterday, no luck. Everything was still unavailable. I called and was told the plane is full. I've checked Delta Song and they want $600 per person. Their flights are not full.

I was told it's because the airlines know that most of the northeast have the same week off in April. I have never paid this much to go to Orlando, but it still didn't stop me!!

Good Luck!!

I have waited forever for them to post fares through July and now.....they are discontinuing service from where I live to Orlando! :badpc:

shanleal said:
I have waited forever for them to post fares through July and now.....they are discontinuing service from where I live to Orlando! :badpc:

I was looking at the schedule and I see 1 flight per day (changing planes in ABQ) from Amarillo to Orlando.

tropicalgirl said:
This year, however, I booked again for April vacation and had to pay over $300 per ticket. When they released their new dates yesterday, no luck. Everything was still unavailable. I called and was told the plane is full. I've checked Delta Song and they want $600 per person. Their flights are not full.

I was told it's because the airlines know that most of the northeast have the same week off in April. I have never paid this much to go to Orlando, but it still didn't stop me!!

Good Luck!!

I'm a TA (I book corporate, not leisure) and I've noticed I can't get a decent fare ANYWHERE in the country between mid-March and the end of April. Even May has been tough. Big cities and small cities, sun belt and snow belt, I can't get a fare below $300 in most markets. There's a lot of pent up leisure travel demand (and business demand too, for that mater) and it seems like everyone in the US is traveling this spring.

If you're traveling this spring, I'd book what you can get and hope for a sale later, or you may wind up not being albe to get anything at all!

I was looking at the schedule and I see 1 flight per day (changing planes in ABQ) from Amarillo to Orlando.

Well there is one flight a day until July 4th. It says after that they are discontinuing that service. We are travelling July 2-9th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter