"Grr...No Outside Photographers For Park Weddings!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkedupmomma

modern mouseketeer
Excuse my foul wording, but Disney has a new policy that you can not bring an outside photographer/videographer into the park for your ceremony!!! you can do it at the other locations.. just not the magic kingdom ones or epcot locations!!! I'm beyond pissed and feel bullied into using one of their photographers or picking another location(which i dont want to do.. i want an apcot ceremony!!).. :( grrrrrrrrrr!!!
I just got off the phone with my wc and i feel bullied (although she was nice... she seemed pissy that I knew to ask certain questions.. and even said my wedding would be about 15k in the least with 38-40 guests.. she wasnt very forthcoming at all when it came to other options!!!)

also, can someone school me on transportation and what the cheapest way to go is?? Thanks!

Bummer!:headache: That must be a new policy! We are having Randy Chapman do our photography and our ceremony is in Epcot Italy!

As far as the transportation goes- your guest have to arrive on a bus- I think it holds 40, $89 hour- 5 hour minimum.

That isn't a new policy it's been like that for a while..sorry you didn't know about it....I do know that when you have a dessert party they let the outside vendors in,I guess because it's at night and it's in a private location and in the mornings they let them in because nobody is around..did they change that too???? That stinks if they did!!!! Aww man I'm so sorry.

I am getting married at the Yacht Club Gazebo May 2009, I sure hope they dont change it by then that you cant have any photographer at any location. We already put a down payment down and dont think we could get that money back.

I would be furious too!!! Disney photography is ridiculously expensive and sorry to say but they give you like nothing and thier photos don't compare to the outside vendors....I would fight this if you can....how far in advance did they tell you?Do you have your vendor booked allready? If they told you too close to your wedding then I say fight it!!!

What?! that's so upsetting. i wonder if you can request another coordinator? i mean it's your wedding and you should have someone who you feel can trust to plan your wedding and stay in your budget. I'm so sorry you are being bullied by her. i hope everything gets settled right. :wizard: keep us informed!

ps. i'm bummed too b/c we wanted to use Randy at our reception in Epcot. We really like the stuff we've seen on here.

Hiya,

I'm sorry to hear that.

I think she is giving you an estimate of $15K, because of transportation and the Disney Photographer AND maybe even anticipated future prices.

Before taxes and fees, my late afternoon/evening wedding (including a fireworks dessert party) was $10,190. And lurkyloo's morning wedding was even closer to the $10,000 minimum. So staying close to the minimum is definitely possible.

If you list what you want here, I'm sure there are many of us that can give you an idea of what we paid/are currently paying for those same things. And we can give you tips on how to save money.

As far as transportation goes, there are different options... I paid around $350for a "Round Trip Motorcoach". It took our guests from the Boardwalk Inn to Epcot back to Boardwalk Inn.

Nikki

Oh and the amount I paid was for 40 guests (34 adults and 6 children).

My wedding coordinator was not forth coming with all of the alternatives either. That is why I love this site so much. I was ONLY able to stay close to my minimum because of the advice here.

Nikki

This is really bad news, especially when it seems the quality of the Disney photographers is so hit and miss! I have seen some good pictures, but also some bad ones. What happens if you do not personally like the style of their photography.

It feels like Disney is getting closer and closer to you having to get everything through them - next they will be telling us that we can only wear Disney branded clothing at our weddings!

I would, at the very least, be wanting to know the name of the Disney photographer, meet them in advance and also see examples of their work and references! That is what would happen in any other situation and I think it is the least Disney should offer if they insist that you must use them.

I completely agree Epcot1982! If we are going to be forced to use their photography we should at least get to meet the photographer and see their style. OR what would be better is if we could choose which Disney photographer we want! That would be nice!!

From my understanding, you have to use disney photography if you want to have your ceremony/reception in EPCOT or MAGIC KINGDOM. I can use outside photography for the reception because that will be at the attic.. and i can have my wedding at seabreeze point and use outside photography there... but i didnt origanlly want my ceremony there.. i wanted it in epcot damnit! and I totally forgot about the dessert party!! now no photos there either :( such bs! wc was nice..but i just feel like i have to drag information out of her.. which i hate doing... or she played dumb when I did bring things up ( that you lovely brides have told me!)

grr..grrr...grrrrrrrrrr:mad:

i'm assuming those of you who have booked before this policy change will be a-ok to use your own photographers.

Well if you have to use Disney then request Regina if you can..She did our honeymoon shoot in the MK and I loved every picture. She was great!

Thanks Lynn for the referral. I'm just disappointed because I was hoping that I could get Randy seeing as we were planning so far ahead. :sad1: I'm sure the Disney photogs are great too... i was just hoping i could save some money too.

Thanks Lynn for the referral. I'm just disappointed because I was hoping that I could get Randy seeing as we were planning so far ahead. :sad1: I'm sure the Disney photogs are great too... i was just hoping i could save some money too.

see.. i disagree.. i almost dislike all the disney photographers i've seen. just not my style. and at that muc money, it better be my style!!

Thanks everyone for all your ideas and comments!

:scared1: This must be relatively new because Carrie (lurkyloo) had the Roots photograph her Epcot--Morocco wedding in February!

Well, let's not freak out about this until we verify it from at least one other source. With an organization as big as Disney, sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing... :rotfl:

I did mention to her that i had a few friends that got married there VERY recently and had outside photography and she said, well it's always been disney's policy they are just now enforcing it for weddings. So you could never come in any parks before with a pro photg. but now you can't for weddings either... so they decide now to start enfor:confused: cing it.. when I want to get hitched.. is this a sign??

Oh and another thing, I just mentioned wedding cakes and if i brought a design could they do it.. she said yes, but it's gonna cost you... *** is that supposed to even mean?? I can't pick anyhing different then what they offer in the books? jeez

Well, let's not freak out about this until we verify it from at least one other source. With an organization as big as Disney, sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing... :rotfl:

I was hoping you would weigh in on this issue. I think you are right about the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.
:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter