• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Group Dining Restrictions and Alternatives

maryisme

DIS Veteran
Hi,

This morning was the 180 day mark for making ressies for our trip. There are 17 family members traveling together.

When I called to make my ressies this morning I was told that I was restricted to making PS ressies to the first half hour after opening or very late (9ish). Unfortunately, nobody in my party wants to eat that early or that late.

The CM I was speaking to suggested I make two seperate ressies and just show up at the restaurant together and explain the situation.

My question is has anybody with seperate ressies successfully been able to get tables together for a large group?

Any suggestions welcomed...thanks.

Mary

Did you go through grand gatherings??? My DIL just made all of her ADRs last month for a party of 17 for 8 nights and all of her times are between 5:00 to 6:30. She didn't had any issues. Of course she knows that they may be split up at times. But considering that there are 14 kids and only 3 adults, I'm sure the CMs will try to keep them together or close. I just made all of my ADRs 2 weeks ago and had no time restrictions for our party of 11 and we are also a grand gathering.

Glad your DIL was able to get what she wanted :).

I assume I was eventually talking to the Grand Gatherings folks. I called 407 939-3463 and they transferred me to another area which handled groups. All ressies that they were offering my group were 5ish which didn't work for me.

Mary

I was also told this by group dining. We will have a group of 30+ and I can understand Disney's thinking for sitting at the begining or end of a dining period. That is when they have a better chance of keeping your group in one area of the restaurant, otherwise you would have to wait for one table at a time to clear,hold that table,wait for the neighbors to leave, repeat the waiting ect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter