Ground Transportation

Lilo5

Mouseketeer
Hi! We're planning to rent a van before the cruise (arriving 2 days before to visit theme parks), and returning it in Cape Canaveral. What's the most economical way to get back to the airport (MCO) after the cruise? Rent another van, arrange for a van service pick-up, or use the DCL bus? I know that the DCL transfers cost $49/person round trip. Is there such thing as a "one way" transfer? By the way, there are 8 of us (3 adults, 5 kids - one is a 2 yr old). Thanks!

Last August we rented a mini van for both legs of our trip from MCO to the port and back to MCO. We had 5 adults and one teen ager in our group, we found this was the most economical way for the six of us to travel. Since we had a late flight leaving MCO, the van gave us more freedom without having to sit around the airport all day.

We will have 4 adults and 2 children in our party. Did you have any problem fitting all of your luggage in the van? along with 6 people? I'm contemplating renting 2 standard size cars vs. 1 van. Your thoughts?

Originally posted by sartini-co
We will have 4 adults and 2 children in our party. Did you have any problem fitting all of your luggage in the van? along with 6 people? I'm contemplating renting 2 standard size cars vs. 1 van. Your thoughts?

It was a bit tight in the van with the six of us plus our luggage. Luckily, we weren't in the van all that much. I think if we were to do it again, we would get two cars.

My plan is to rent 2 standard cars for the trip there; airport pickup, port canaveral return. Then to rent 1 full size car for the return trip; port canaveral pickup, airport return. 1 return car should be all we need, since we are planning on checking our luggage at port canaveral, with our airline (American). The only problem being, if luggage checkin at the Port is suspended for some reason, due to security reasons. If they are, I'm sure I will be able to pick up another car at the Budget rental office at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter