Ground transportation question

WINTER

DIS Veteran
for those who have used Disney motorcoach transportation from SNA, how much time to allow to get to the airport from the hotel?

You will have to look at the schedule, and depending on where you stay. I believe they run every hour or so. It's pretty quick once you get going but you're at the mercy of their schedule. We chose Lansky's for our most recent trip since the times would have us waiting around at the airport for too long, and the cost wasn't a huge difference.

We've just Ubered from SNA the last several times. It's fast, far cheaper, and door-to-door. If it's your first time using Uber, there's a first time rider code that will make the ride free or almost free, aside from tip. Otherwise it runs $22 to 30. Last time the driver kindly stopped at CVS for 5 minutes so DH could run in and pick up a rack of water.

I've sat in a parking lot, switching busses, because they had no idea who was driving where.... So, it's one of many reasons I stopped using the Disneyland Resort Express. (I also feel like their name is misleading, though I understand they leased the name from Disney.... There's no Disney-inspired service there! )

At any rate, I would allow an extra hour; might not be necessary... But if you're like me, I have things planned to the minute just about, so the anxiety just wasn't worth it. "Wait, is this the SNA bus or the LAX bus? That worker there told me this is going to LAX. Why did you just tell them it's the SNA bus?!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter