• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ground Floor Rooms at BWV

Kelly O

Earning My Ears
Wondering about the ground floor rooms at the Boardwalk Villas... type of rooms/views available? Access to the resort out the patio doors?

We have stayed on the Polynesian's ground floor. It worked out great for many reasons. We were able to put our baby's crib in the entryway by the door for naps and corner her off with a curtain so she had her own space. We could then sit in the room without her seeing us or one of us could escape through the patio door for a drink or food.

One of us could also exit through the patio door with a stroller and be in a better position than going out the main door.

Also this is our first booking with DVC points...is requesting a ground floor room even an option? We are considering a studio or 1-bedroom. View doesn't matter to us right now. Wondering if anyone knows what most of the ground floor rooms are at BWV.

Thanks so much!!

http://s171.photobucket.com/user/VWL_Granny/media/BWVRoomViews.jpg.html

If you look at this picture, you can see that there should be no ground floor rooms with Boardwalk view -- those spaces are taken up by the sundry store, the brewery restaurant, etc. I *think* I've noticed patios (they have to have patios, don't they?) on the standard view rooms -- but I'm pretty sure there's no sidewalk along there, so you'd have to cut across the grass to get to a sidewalk. Which shouldn't be that big of a deal. The preferred view water/garden definitely have ground floor rooms and, even if not connected via a sidewalk, would have relatively small grass areas you'd have to walk across to get to a sidewalk (or pool area.)

If you go through the links provided here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44982179&postcount=1
you can see where all the rooms on the first floor are located. I have a hard time imagining any room not having access to the patio via a sliding door, so I really wouldn't think that would be a concern.

So, basically, it looks like you'd reserve either a standard view or preferred water/garden view room and request a ground floor room. Do note that you can't be *guaranteed* a ground floor room. But it certainly is something that you can request and should work much the way you expect it to work. :-)

Thank you! The links were really helpful.

If I counted correctly, it looks like I would have a better chance with a preferred pool/garden 1 bedroom rather than a standard view. I only counted 12 standard 1B (5 ded and 7 lock-offs) but counted 37 preferred (19 ded and 18 lock-offs) on the ground floor.

I only wanted standard view but I may have to upgrade.

We had a 1BR boardwalk view villa last December. It wasn't possible to cross over to the boardwalk from the patio because there were shrubs that were about knee high, and also a fence surrounding the area. But. our room was the last one at the end of the hall (1001, as I recall), and there was easy access to the boardwalk just outside our door.

Just to clarify in the boardwalk view category there is one studio and 2 1BR's on the ground floor. They are located next to the BWV model rooms down by Jelly Rolls.

Pool/Gardenview is the largest category and so it has the largest amount of ground floor rooms. Standardview will be your next best option. I don't think ground floor is the most popular request so you'd probably have a decent chance at getting it. One thing about BWV is that the lobby is actually on the 2nd floor so if you do request the ground floor you actually need to go up to be on the lobby level. There are quite a few things on the 1st/ground floor level though and of course you access the Boardwalk and the pools from the ground level.

I've had a Pool/gardenview studio on the ground floor. As has been mentioned there is grass and may be bushes blocking access to any sidewalks.

When I had a ground floor standard view, my room was on the "front lawn". But there was landscaping blocking an "exit". Plus it never seemed right to be walking across that lawn.

But, it was ultra-convienent with a stroller being on ground floor.

When we headed to a bus-stop, we exited our room and turned left to exit out near the parking lot and took the canal sidewalk to the bus stop. When we took a friendship boat, we turned right and exited the hall near the pool and weight room. The only time we ever bothered with those blasted elevators (or stairs) was when we needed to visit the lobby or gift shop.

Thanks all!

Due to the grass/bushes/barriers you mentioned, it doesn't look like exiting through the patio doors will be much of an option for us like it was at other resorts. I guess this was more of a concern when I thought we were going to book a studio at BWV. Then one of us would want an exit option if the baby was sleeping by the main door. Now that I think we may do a 1 bedroom, an adult exiting through the patio isn't as big of a concern.

However pushing two kids in a double stroller still makes the ground floor sound great for us. Now it's just a decision of standard or preferred garden/pool. I would like to put in for standard but I know there are more preferred ground.

We have had the one bedroom standard view ground floor several times and loved the convenience!! Plus with little ones we could sit out on our patio and they could play on the lawn. We never requested it, just have gotten it several times and enjoyed its convenience. Our did not have bushes blocking the patio, but did have shrubs to the side. I noticed the ground floors of the pool view villas seemed to all have small shrubs all around the patio so wouldn't be great for getting a stroller out.

We had a ground floor standard view. There weren't any shrubs just lawn. We were close to the elevators. We did not think it was noisy and we did cut across the lawn a couple of times late at night to make a run to Hess. Other then that we went up through the lobby to get to the bus stop.

The room was like all the other rooms except when we stepped out we felt like we stepped out of the basement. It was down a steep hill where the front circle is and it seemed strange to sit out there. Noticed nobody else seemed to sit out either.

We have had the one bedroom standard view ground floor several times and loved the convenience!! Plus with little ones we could sit out on our patio and they could play on the lawn. We never requested it, just have gotten it several times and enjoyed its convenience. Our did not have bushes blocking the patio, but did have shrubs to the side. I noticed the ground floors of the pool view villas seemed to all have small shrubs all around the patio so wouldn't be great for getting a stroller out.

Thanks! This is exactly what I wanted to hear. I don't really want a pool view anyway...I feel like we would have a hard time keeping my daughter in with all the excitement right outside the patio!

We had a ground floor standard view. There weren't any shrubs just lawn. We were close to the elevators. We did not think it was noisy and we did cut across the lawn a couple of times late at night to make a run to Hess. Other then that we went up through the lobby to get to the bus stop.

The room was like all the other rooms except when we stepped out we felt like we stepped out of the basement. It was down a steep hill where the front circle is and it seemed strange to sit out there. Noticed nobody else seemed to sit out either.

Interesting. We sort of like the quiet section so maybe it will work for us. It will help with getting the kids to nap/sleep. Not much of a view for us but we can deal. Good to know that a quick trip to Hess was easy... I know my husband will like that. Was this a 1 bedroom or studio?

Was this a 1 bedroom or studio?

1 bedroom. Room 1101. I have heard people say if you are too close to the lobby you hear a lot of noise from bell service/luggage area but I thought we were pretty close and didn't hear anything. My daughter timed it and Hess was a 7 minute walk.

Thanks all!

Due to the grass/bushes/barriers you mentioned, it doesn't look like exiting through the patio doors will be much of an option for us like it was at other resorts. I guess this was more of a concern when I thought we were going to book a studio at BWV. Then one of us would want an exit option if the baby was sleeping by the main door. Now that I think we may do a 1 bedroom, an adult exiting through the patio isn't as big of a concern.

However pushing two kids in a double stroller still makes the ground floor sound great for us. Now it's just a decision of standard or preferred garden/pool. I would like to put in for standard but I know there are more preferred ground.

If you exit through the patio door, how do you lock it behind you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter