Grocery Store Reviews/Directions

kfields1

Mouseketeer
Which grocery store would you recommend. I'm from NY and am used to a good selection of brands. Also, if you don't mind, include directions from OKW! Thanks!!:)

Winn-Dixie is close to OKW. From OKW, make a right from the exit, go past the Disney Institute and make a right at the next intersection (not sure if there is a light). Go straight and make a left at Hotel Resorts Blvd (across from Downtown Disney). From Hotel Resorts Blvd, make a left at the intersection with Crossroads. The Winn-Dixie is about a mile down the road on the right, just past a liquor store. I got a shopper card to get discounts on selected items. I like this store, we've used it twice, it's clean and not crowded. Prices are not bad. Goodings in Crossroads is slightly closer but has higher prices.

These are the two Markets That I perfer in Fl.

We have a child with specail diet needs and Publics always has had what we needed .

They are located out the west gate and go strait accross the intersection and poof your there.

Good luck

I vote for Publix.

Head West on 192. It's just past Celebration on your left at Xentury City.
Tons of brands to choose from along with Rotissierie Chickens (3 or 4 flavors) and reasonable prices.:)

There is a new Publix behind the Premium Outlets that would be closer to OKW than one on 192. Follow the above directions for Winn-Dixie above except turn right at the end of Hotel Resorts Blvd, turn left after the I-4 overpass at the next light(Vineland Road), follow Vineland Road past the Shrine Church, past the Outlets and it's on the left. I haven't been in it, just passed it.

I was in WDW in Dec. and we used the Winn-Dixie. With it being the closest to OKW we decide to try it out and we pleased with their prices(got their price saving card).

Does anyone know in reference to Old Town where this new store is? There will be 9 of us and we are all members and familiar with what they sell not to mention the savings. We will be at DI next to Old Town for 2 nights and will need lots of groceries for check in at OKW. I know how to get to 535 from 192 and it looks close to the intersection. Can anyone say for sure? Also there is a Publix across from Old Town, anyone have anything to comment about this store? THANKS!!!

Originally posted by msdis
Also there is a Publix across from Old Town, anyone have anything to comment about this store? THANKS!!!

This is the one that we've shopped at for the past 6 or 7 years. It's clean, they have a great deli, a large selection of brands and the prices are reasonable. We used to stay at Tropical Palms Fun Suites for several years, but even after purchasing DVC and staying at VWL this year we still made the trip to this store. We probably always will.

Thanks for the review of the Publix. What did you think of Tropical Palms? We needed 2 nights in a studio type and were debating between Tropical Palms and Days Inn Suites. Thanks!

First of all, we drive, so having a car we tend to travel a bit. We like to go to the 24 Super Wal-MArt food center on 192. The closest SAm's that I know of is by the airport and we have been to the Whole Foods in the north end of town.

The new PUBLIX on Vineland in the Premium Outlets mall is great. Very big selection, store is brand new, and very well stocked. We shopped in Gooding's for a few years, good store but VERY overpriced. Publix's had everything we needed.

We were in the store on 12/23 and got in and out in less the 30 minutes. It is on the way from the airport, if you are flying in.
Note of caution, if you use Mapquest for directions they took us to an exit ramp that was under construction and only open in one direction. Double check your directions from the airport.

Originally posted by msdis
Thanks for the review of the Publix. What did you think of Tropical Palms? We needed 2 nights in a studio type and were debating between Tropical Palms and Days Inn Suites. Thanks!

We LOVE Tropical Palms. We started staying there maybe 7 or more years ago....It was when it was first built. It's a great location, set back off of the road so you don't hear any traffic noise. At night you can walk to Old Town which is pretty cool. The accomodations are very clean and they have full kitchens in all the units. I also like the fact that the cottages have windows that you can open, unlike a lot of hotels where they are climate controlled and you can't open the window. It's also an RV park, but believe me most of the RV's are worth more than some homes. It's similar to DVC in that you don't get daily housekeeping service, but if you request it you can and I believe they will do it for free. They have a nice pool, but no slide, and a snack bar where you can grab a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner. For the prices they charge I think Tropical Palms is a GREAT no frills place to stay.

I have never stayed at Days Inn Suites, but we did check it out one year before we started staying at Tropical Palms and when they opened the door to show us the room there was an odd smell that came from the room. Not to mention it was right there on 192. DBF didn't like it at all, and let me tell you he's not hard to please.

We just started getting spoiled because DBF's cousin worked at CSR so we began staying there on a Cast Member Discount for two or three vacations. Then she moved to Melbourne and got another job so we started to seriously consider DVC, so we took the tour and the rest is history.

If we stayed outside the park again I wouldn't have any problems going back to Tropical Palms for a few nights.

Thanks Annie for the post. We have maxed out our points for the next 2 years and adding on is kind of out for now so we are looking for a spot for next year for a longer stay and had been looking at this resort when I saw your comments. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter