Grocery store near Wyndham Bonnet Creek?

danacath

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if someone could tell me what grocery store is near the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. One with reasonable prices would be a plus, and if you can possibly give me directions to it, that would be even better. :thumbsup2 Thanks a bunch! :)

There is a Publix not far away, but I forget the directions. I do know that at the front desk they have a preprinted list of all the typical stores guests would want to go to (Wal-Mart, Target, Publix, etc), accompanied with directions. I think this list was included in our check in packet.

The Goodings in the Crossroads shopping center is also convenient. Hotel Plaza Blvd dead ends into the shopping center. The publix is a little further and the traffic is a pain on that road...

We find Goodings to be very overpriced, but it is closest...there is a Winn Dixie also not far at all that we have found pretty nice, and the Publix is even nicer.

Thanks for the replies! I think I've been to all 3 of those stores at one time or another over the years. (A bit of background: I'm trying to gather this info for a "WDW first-timer" friend who leaves on June 24 for the Wyndham Resort.) I think I'll tell her Goodings for convenience and few items, Winn-Dixie for middle-of-the-road selection and prices, and Publix for a big list, if you don't mind the drive. Does that sound about right? Still hoping that someone out there can help me with directions....

Not sure about the Winn Dixie, however the goodings is in the Crossroads shopping center at the corner of Hotel Plaza Blvd and I think its 535? HPB dead ends into the shopping center so its easy. To get to the publix, make a right on that same corner (535?), go under I-4 and make a left at the next intersection. This will lead them past the Premium Outlets and Publix will be a mile or so past it. There is also an outback and a walgreens right there.... Hope this helps....

If you are facing Crossroads Plaza where Goodings is, head LEFT. Winn Dixie is up on the right side not too far up. There is also a state liquor store there for those who need that.

We stayed at Bonnet Creek at Christmas. Because Christmas was so busy, it actually was faster to get on the highway right by the Bonnet Creek entrance and go to Publix or Wal Mart SuperCenter. There were so many stoplights on the way to Goodings and lots of traffic around DTD.

Okay, quickest and best is going to be the Publix in Regency Plaza on Vineland Ave. From the Wyndham Bonnet Creek main entrance/exit area:

Turn right onto Buena Vista Drive, staying in the right lane which almost immediately exits onto SR536. Again stay in the right lane which will become the entrance ramp for I-4 and follow the signs onto I-4 East toward Orlando (in other words, follow the ramp OVER the highway). Once you get onto I-4, stay in the right lane which becomes an exit only lane yet again. Proceed down the exit ramp to the traffic light and when the light is green, proceed straight through the light onto Vineland Ave. Continue about 1.25 miles (you will pass the Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine, Premium Outlets and Dixie Stampede. The Publix will be in the shopping plaza on your left just past the McDonalds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter