• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery store from MCO on the way to WDW?

Nermel9

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

Not sure if I'm putting this in the right place, but I wouldn't know where else to start this thread...anyway, I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a grocery store on the way from MCO to Disney, specifically, to Wilderness Lodge? Isn't there one right by DTD, but it's really expensive? I'd like to avoid that one, if possible! Any info would be greatly apprecitated! Thanks!

Hi guys,

Not sure if I'm putting this in the right place, but I wouldn't know where else to start this thread...anyway, I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a grocery store on the way from MCO to Disney, specifically, to Wilderness Lodge? Isn't there one right by DTD, but it's really expensive? I'd like to avoid that one, if possible! Any info would be greatly apprecitated! Thanks!

The store you're referring to is Goodings, and it is both expensive and very run down. There are plenty of stores along the way, depending on which exit you want to take. I have a map here that shows some of the more convenient grocery stores (we always take 417, which is a toll road, but easy to navigate and never crowded). The grocery stores are marked with blue pins - I suggest the Super Target on Town Center just off the Orange Blossom Trail exit.

Thanks! I'm not sure how we got there last year, which road we took, but I do remember there being tolls and no traffic. I think we just followed the directions from some guidebook! I will mostly likely try the Super Target or the Publix, thanks again! :)

Our driver took us to a Publix - there is a new Publix that is easier to get too but we wanted beer/wine so we had to go to the old one - still was less than 1 mile from highway.

Isn't there a Wal-Mart very close to the airport? It seems like I stopped at one a few years ago. It was just as I was getting on the toll road I think.

Generally I can't stand Wal-Mart but I do like their bottled water. We need to pick some up on our way to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter