Grocery Stops!!

disney daft dad

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys

Apologies for sounding a bit thick....we will be using a towncar for the 1st time this year and will be wanting to use the grocery stop facilites....no problem....however I am a bit concerned that as we are not used to such HUGE stores here in the UK I won't have enough time to find everything I need in the 30 mins allowed.... are they very strict with time allocated or is there any stores who could have my goods ready for collection .... won't be a lot but I can see me hunting for hours to find my way round!!!:confused: :confused:

Many Thanks in Advance

Disney Daft Mum

Val

Hi Val,

We used Tiffany Towncar on our last trip, and we stopped at a Publix store - it was no larger than a small Co-op. It was a lot smaller than a Sainsburys or ASDA in the UK.

We had a good wonder round and didn't spend anywhere near 30 minutes in the store :)

Our driver came in the store and did a bit of shopping too.

If you think you will go over 30 minutes have a word with your driver - they are real friendly and I'm sure will make allowances for us Brits getting lost in store :)

Thanks Tim

Sounds mad, worrying about these kinds of things I know, but I am the type of person like to organise everything done to the last detail, bordering on obsessive.

You have put my mind at ease, thanks you so much

Cheerie

Val

Tim, you are so nice and helpful. I can't wait to meet you in August :)

FL Tours gave me 1/2 hour stop at Publix too but I can't remember how long I spent inside. The driver was patiently waiting and helped me carry my bags when I finished shopping.

Katholyn

Why not split up the list. Have DH shop for the heavy stuff. Milk, bottled water and sodas. Have wife and kids shop for snacks and such. You can have more than one buggy in the grocery. Split up and make the most of your time. If your kids are old enough send them to the cereal aisle to pick out their favorite. it's vacation so don't worry about if it is sugary :teeth:.

I have done the towncar service with grocery many times and haven't yet gone ov/er 30 minutes and this with two young kids in tow and no other adult!! I think the driver would be ok if you went over within reason and perhaps the tip should reflect this??

I always make a list ahead of time and separate it as best I can by what is likely to be grouped together. Helps in a strange supermarket. Dry foods, beverages, fruits & vegies, snack food etc. I also grab a cheap $2-4:00 styrafoam cooler and a bag of ice and generally have enough time to quickly pack the perishables and ice in the cooler. Just in case room isn't ready or check in takes a while. Remember to buy/bring some zip lock bags to keep foods after opening!!

TJ

Thanks everyone for your comments.... I now realise I have been worrying unnecessarily!!!!:rolleyes: I shall get Spike and Teri hunting for stuff and I shall co-ordinate the effort what do you think? Think I'll get away with that?!? Lol Maybe not, I'm sure so long a I don't miss out his beer and her crisps (chips) I won't go far wrong:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
So that's one less thing to concern myself about...Cheers!!:tongue:

Val

'97 Off Site
'01 ASMo
'02 ASMo
'03 Polynesian (3weeks for my b/day & Xmas!!)

The drivers avoid places like Wal-Mart where they know you don't have any chance of shopping in 30 minutes.

Make a list, divide up the shopping and if you go over make sure your tip reflects the extra time the driver waits.

Hi Lewisc

That was what I was afraid of, we have shopped in wal-mart a few times, and it's never taken less than 2 hours!!!!!!!Lol Now I know it'll only be a smallish store I'm happy, I can now concentrate on the really good parts of planning ... the parks and the gif shopping!!

Thanks again to everyone, you've been "magic"

Disney Daft Mum
Val

'97 Off Site
'01 ASMo
'02 ASMo
'03 Polynesian for my b/day & Xmas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter