grocery delivery?

KMH1

DIS Veteran
Hello!

Does anyone know of a store that would deliver groceries and baby items to the Disneyland Hotel?

Or, is there a store close by where we can do some shopping?

Thanks!
Amy

Albertsons.com zip code is 92801...then click on Shop.

The store is located 2-4 miles south of Disneyland on Harbor. Very nice store. I read elsewhere that they charge $10 for delivery and that the delivery was prompt and the order was fine.

Hi Amy -
I started to do this today (with Albertsons.com) but realized I was too early when I went to check out. They only let you set up the order within like a week of when you need it. The only thing that bothered me was they didn't offer Organic Whole Milk. But I don't know if your baby is on milk yet so that might not be a concern for you. Happy shopping!

-Sally

Thanks for your replies!

Will the DL hotel keep things (milk!) refrigerated for us if we're at the parks when the delivery arrives?

Amy :)

I was told you need to be at the hotel when the order is delivered, that is the only down side. have a great trip :rotfl:

I called the Grand Californian directly and asked them about this yesterday. They said as long as it's just a couple of items that they can put them in a fridge right there behind the counter temporarily. We decided to chance it with the approximate time of our arrival.

-Sally

Amy -
How old will Alyssa be when you go to DL? Our son, Spencer will be 21 months - it'll be our first Disney trip with him - I'm so excited!

-Sally

I heard you have to be there when the groceries are delivered. Do you get to pick the TIME it's delivered? Or do you just have to wait around?

swimrsal said:
Amy -
How old will Alyssa be when you go to DL? Our son, Spencer will be 21 months - it'll be our first Disney trip with him - I'm so excited!

-Sally

You are going to have so much fun watching Spencer "absorb" the magic!

We took Alyssa to WDW when she was six months old and she'll be 13 months for our DL trip in three weeks! :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice about calling the hotel to ask if they'll temporarily store the groceries. I will add that to my list of things to do!

Amy :)

Has anyone tried this recently? Curious if they will still delivery to the Disneyland Hotel. Also, if so, do they deliver right to the room, or do you have to meet them in the lobby?

I believe you'll need to meet the driver in the lobby, then they can help you to your room. The 3 Disney properties are pretty strict about not letting people, like pizza delivery, go straight to the room. Is a security thing. I would guess groceries would be the same way. And I would plan on being at the hotel for the delivery. While the hotel might be ok with holding the items, the store might not be ok delivering it with out you signing for it.

I too am wondering...can you pick the time? Or at least a time frame?
This might work for us, too.

Zoemakes5 said:
I too am wondering...can you pick the time? Or at least a time frame?
This might work for us, too.

I believe they give a few hour time frame. So, you wont have to spend the entire day waiting for them. Albertsons.com currently had a $10 off your first order. Might be worth checking on. Von's is the same as Safeway, and they often had specials like that as well.

Just wanted to close the loop. We did order from Albertsons, and it worked great! They gave us a 1.5 hour window, and in fact delivered right at the beginning of that window. The delivery guy met me at the bell service desk, and brought the groceries up to our room for us. All together a very pleasant and convenient service. Highly recommended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter