• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery Delivery Options??

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I did search and read through a bunch of threads, still can't tell who delivers and if the resort will hold. Also, is there a fee for the resort holding food. I see Instacart and Amazon Fresh. Are those the only choices right now?

Thanks all!

I did search and read through a bunch of threads, still can't tell who delivers and if the resort will hold. Also, is there a fee for the resort holding food. I see Instacart and Amazon Fresh. Are those the only choices right now?

Thanks all!
The resorts will not charge to hold your groceries. There is a fee if you have bell services deliver them to your villa. If you have a split stay, they no longer transport your perishables.

Amazon Fresh and Instacart are probably the most popular. Garden Grocer is still around but kind of got a bad rap on these boards a few years back. DizzyDolphinDelivers is another option. They can be pricey but they have some awesome platters and will shop multiple places to get what your ordered. I believe that Instacart uses Publix.

Also Shipt- shops at Publix, Target and other stores. Target owns Shipt
Through the FB group "Ears for Each Other" (made up of furlough/impacted CMs) there are some personnel shoppers

Thanks all!

We just crawled through this ourselves. Trying to figure out prices and fees, timing, etc.

I think our conclusion was, if you already have Amazon Prime, just go with Amazon and it's easy peasy. 2 hour delivery window. You can request it to the room door or pick it up from bell services yourself for no fe. $6 fee if you ask them to bring it to your room - waived for us since they were bringing our bags up anyway. We just ended up tipping them generously.

The 2 hour window made us feel better because we didn't know if they still refrigerated food. So we just selected a window where we knew we'd be in the room. Everything else was a bit of an unknown, a larger delivery window, or it'll be there when it's there.

We have ordered from Walmart the last few trips. They call us when almost there and we met them at the curb in front of hotel. You can pick a time frame— I think a 2 hour window.

The resorts will not charge to hold your groceries. There is a fee if you have bell services deliver them to your villa. If you have a split stay, they no longer transport your perishables.

Amazon Fresh and Instacart are probably the most popular. Garden Grocer is still around but kind of got a bad rap on these boards a few years back. DizzyDolphinDelivers is another option. They can be pricey but they have some awesome platters and will shop multiple places to get what your ordered. I believe that Instacart uses Publix.
What happened with Garden Grocer? I used to order from them all the time but it’s been 5 years. Was planning on using them again but now I’m curious…

What happened with Garden Grocer? I used to order from them all the time but it’s been 5 years. Was planning on using them again but now I’m curious…

They still exist, it might just be that there’s more competition now. Amazon Prime, instacart, etc. especially with a Prime membership the prices are better, more delivery time options, and the fee is already covered with Abe costing membership.

We use Dizzy Dolphin and they are great. We went looking for a new delivery service a few years ago after one mentioned here messed up our order two times in a row and was expensive as well. Dizzy Dolphin came highly recommended and we as I stated love them. They do alchol delivery with your food order and have always had it waiting for us at Guest Services when we get there(they text you when it is delivered). They are also DVC members and very easy to work with. We then have Guest Services deliver to our room when it becomes available for a flat $6.00 fee that is standard across the resorts. We also tip the person who delivers our order...ºoº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter