Grocery delivery .. lately

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done grocery delivery lately to a Disney resort ? Who did you use ? Pros and cons ?
thanks

Based on some reviews I have seen on here, we plan on using Garden Grocer. They deliver food and alcohol, and can leave it with someone at the front desk.

We recently used InstaCart and had no issues. At the time they had a promotion for a free 30 day trial of their subscription service, which gave us free delivery. We just cancelled it when we got home to avoid the reoccurring costs.

The pros for me for InstaCart are that they are cheaper than Garden Grocer and have a better selection (i.e. Costco). We used to use Garden Grocer as our go to, but made the switch a few years ago.

We recently used InstaCart and had no issues. At the time they had a promotion for a free 30 day trial of their subscription service, which gave us free delivery. We just cancelled it when we got home to avoid the reoccurring costs.

The pros for me for InstaCart are that they are cheaper than Garden Grocer and have a better selection (i.e. Costco). We used to use Garden Grocer as our go to, but made the switch a few years ago.

So you selected Costco ? Or you can pick Walmart or wherever ? I can’t really dig farther ha ha because I see the sign up special and I obviously don’t want to sign up before the trip .
And no problem using a cdn credit card? I tried to order from Walmart.com and it wouldn’t accept . Thanks so much

So you selected Costco ? Or you can pick Walmart or wherever ? I can’t really dig farther ha ha because I see the sign up special and I obviously don’t want to sign up before the trip .
And no problem using a cdn credit card? I tried to order from Walmart.com and it wouldn’t accept . Thanks so much

You can search for stores or items in the search bar. We generally use Publix, but add items from a few other stores as required. I just tried to search for Walmart for you and it did not come up on InstaCart.

No problem using our credit card. I have a Rogers World Elite Mastercard and added it with the hotel address (Boardwalk Villas) as the billing address and it worked.

Will/can instacart leave deliveries at guest services? Is it different if they contain alcohol

Will/can instacart leave deliveries at guest services? Is it different if they contain alcohol

They will leave groceries with guest services. This past August we did not order alcohol, so I cannot comment if the policy has changed. However, 2 years ago we had to meet the Instacart driver with ID in order to get our alcohol order.

What if you have items that need to be refrigerated? We are staying in a DVC villa. If groceries are left with guest services can they take it to your room or do you have to be there?

What if you have items that need to be refrigerated? We are staying in a DVC villa. If groceries are left with guest services can they take it to your room or do you have to be there?

If it's like the past they hold at bell services and then you either pick them up or have them brought to your room. We schedule groceries to be delivered for the day we arrive.

Post deleted as apparently DVC CHAT information was wrong.
sorry
Mel

Last edited:
Darn. It was kind of nice to check in and take the food and luggage up and get all settled in. Plus sometimes you can’t help the delays that occur on travel day. I’ll have to pick later in the evening on the day we arrive.

Yeah later in the day will be a must for me.
My order usually includes Yogurt ,Juice, fresh fruit, milk, veggie platter & dip ,cheese platter.
Almost everything has to be refrigerated.

OR
When I finally get back there I will just Uber/Lyft it over the Walmart and pick up everything I need.

Hugs
Mel
Us too. It’s mostly snacks and drinks and breakfast stuff when we stay DVC. This trip we get to the resort in the early afternoon. It might be nice to just poke around the resort, go to Sanaa for dinner and pick up the groceries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter