Groceries to Cabin?

So I recalled that the Cabins are actually different from other resorts in that they have a pre-order, delivery grocery option. You can pre-order groceries and they will be delivered to the cabin and put away day of arrival It's a pre-Instacart artifact, I think and doubt anyone uses it anymore. I looked at the options and prices and they're hilariously bad.

Is that the service offered by the Disney Trading Posts at FW?

If so, you're right - prices are so high it's not a serious offer. It rarely gets mentioned here for that reason.

If not, was that option (delivery to cabins) available regardless of vendor? It would be a nice feature. I've read though with some vendors you must be present for delivery (if buying delivered wine/beer/alchohol for example to verify age/identity) or provide proof of such when ordering (policy differs by vendor).

And if I screwed up, I apologize. DW tells me it's not the first time I have. :hyper2:

Bama Ed

Yeah, I think I found it in the Cabins section of the FW official website:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/r...lderness-resort/?CMP=SOC-FBPAGE20161210140000

in the "Come Home to Fresh Groceries" section. That's the offering from the Meadow Trading Post/Disney. Again, they reserve the right to deliver in the cabins themselves ONLY and make all the other vendors stop at the check-in building. Prices are very high, selection is very limited, quickness of delivery is unknown, it's virtually useless. Again, few consider it a serious offer.

In past trips, I have often gone by the Meadow TP to take pictures of the prices. Looks like the last time I did it was Halloween 2017 (so I am due to take more in January). As an example:

Good luck!

Bama Ed

PS - DW says I'm still wrong a lot. :duck:

So what are saying? Because they offer this service you can’t get delivery to the cabins? Or they will deliver to the Outpost and you have to be there to get (will bell service hold it and would they deliver to the cabin)?

So what are saying? Because they offer this service you can’t get delivery to the cabins? Or they will deliver to the Outpost and you have to be there to get (will bell service hold it and would they deliver to the cabin)?

No, it’s just a grocery service FW has offered for years.

You can still have groceries delivered and Bell Services will hold them for you, but there’s a $6 resort fee to have them delivered to your cabin.

No, it’s just a grocery service FW has offered for years.

You can still have groceries delivered and Bell Services will hold them for you, but there’s a $6 resort fee to have them delivered to your cabin.
Great - that’s what I thought but this post was confusing. I’m fine with a $6 fee to get it delivered to my cabin. Do we know how long that usually takes once you ask?

ordered the day before from WalMart for delivery to Bell Services at 1:00. We arrived at 2, checked in and a van delivered us, our suitcases and our groceries to the cabin. Very easy.

How far in advance can you order from Walmart? Can I submit an order on November 1 and ask that it be delivered on November 13? We usually use Garden Grocer, but the prices are high.

How far in advance can you order from Walmart? Can I submit an order on November 1 and ask that it be delivered on November 13? We usually use Garden Grocer, but the prices are high.
Don't know the answer to that. We ordered 2 days before from the Old Lake Wilson Road store in Kissimmee. Maybe contact them and ask. Prices are good there. 5 days worth of groceries for 6 people was under $200.

Does anyone know the actual address for Kidani village? I’ve been told the one listed on the website isn’t the one required for grocery deliveries. Thanks!

No one has had issues with their grocery deliveries lately? I’ve read on some other forums about issues with delivery to the fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter