Grizzly is Testing! Plus interesting Maxpass info.

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
We were in the parks yesterday for a weekend staycation (locals). During early magic hour we saw sad, sad Grizzly with low water levels. We returned to that area later in the day for some shade, and it was running! Not for guests of course, but full of water, waterfalls pumping, and, later on, boats were running. It's slated to reopen in another week, but we heard a group of cast members who were watching from the lookout near Redwood Creek Challenge that it appears ahead of schedule and may reopen as soon as this weekend.

No one knows anything for sure of course, but it was nice to finally see the river running after looking so sad all winter lol.

Also, we learned yesterday that if people cancel their maxpass, the app posts their "tickets" for you to grab. We were bummed Toy Story fastpasses weren't till much later, then I refreshed and we got some for 20 minutes out, and afterwards, it went back to showing the previous time. Same thing happened again with Indy and Big Thunder too. This is probably not news, but we've used Maxpass half a dozen times or so since in the last year and half ish, and haven't seen (or noticed) this.

We were in the parks yesterday for a weekend staycation (locals). During early magic hour we saw sad, sad Grizzly with low water levels. We returned to that area later in the day for some shade, and it was running! Not for guests of course, but full of water, waterfalls pumping, and, later on, boats were running. It's slated to reopen in another week, but we heard a group of cast members who were watching from the lookout near Redwood Creek Challenge that it appears ahead of schedule and may reopen as soon as this weekend.

No one knows anything for sure of course, but it was nice to finally see the river running after looking so sad all winter lol.

Also, we learned yesterday that if people cancel their maxpass, the app posts their "tickets" for you to grab. We were bummed Toy Story fastpasses weren't till much later, then I refreshed and we got some for 20 minutes out, and afterwards, it went back to showing the previous time. Same thing happened again with Indy and Big Thunder too. This is probably not news, but we've used Maxpass half a dozen times or so since in the last year and half ish, and haven't seen (or noticed) this.
Oh that will be amazing! It is my little sister's favorite ride. I'm not getting my hopes up or even tell her until I see it removed from the refurb list. But we arrive for our first day Sunday.

Thanks for the update, even if it is not ready for the guests, it is still nice to see all that running water! Looking forward to it in a few day!

Oh that will be amazing! It is my little sister's favorite ride. I'm not getting my hopes up or even tell her until I see it removed from the refurb list. But we arrive for our first day Sunday.

Not sure how long you're staying, but I believe it officially reopens next Friday, so if you're staying long enough there's hope!

Our last park day is Tuesday so I’m hoping it opens early! First time to DLR but my kids love Kali at WDW!

We were bummed Toy Story fastpasses weren't till much later, then I refreshed and we got some for 20 minutes out, and afterwards, it went back to showing the previous time.

If it was for 2 from 3:40-4:40 you probably got the ones I cancelled just before leaving :rotfl2:

OMG. I really hope it reopens a couple of days early. Our last day is the day before it's scheduled to reopen. Grizzly is my son's favorite ride of all time. He would be so excited.

This is a definite advantage of MP. Sounds like you were not aware beforehand but for others out there, @Skyegirl1999 discusses this in her awesome MP thread:
"Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter