• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Griddle Recipes - Share your Fav's!

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
DW gave me a 22" Blackstone for the camper as a Christmas present. I know a number of you are 'seasoned' pros with these. So, I'm wondering, what do you like to make? Any ideas or recipes to share?

Hi, I am planning on getting DH one for either Fathers day or his Birthday...

I have friends that have one of these, they don't camp or anything. She uses it more than her DH, he like the grill and smoker action alot more...She said you can use it just like a household griddle in the kitchen...

Breakfast -
Messy eggs or a messy omelet - with whatever you want in it.
Hashbrowns with onions,
She even does the bacon on the griddle- she use's a old lid to cover it as it splatters and pops quite a bit.
Pancakes and French toast

Lunch and Dinner

Taco meat and you can heat the soft tortilla on the griddle..

Chicken, Steak or Shrimp fajitas - with onions, and peppers again heating the tortilla on the griddle.

You can do a stir fry version - Chicken Steak and Shrimp with veggie's of your choice - if you make the rice ahead you can make brown or fried rice...

Burgers, Hot dogs, Sausage's of course

Kebabs - you can marinade the meat, and veggies and go from there, you really can use any seasoning you want...

Dessert -
I know she has a special pan that she use on it, I know she makes brownies and giant cookies with it... not sure if its something that is like a accessories or more just something in the kitchen that she use's...

Our favorite thing to cook on it is just simple fried potatoes and onions. I've also done some great mixed veg on there (squash, carrots, broccoli, and spinach...don't forget to season with garlic and lemon pepper).

I don't know that we've developed any special griddle recipes. The thing that makes them so great is the large cooking surface and clean up. I can cook potatoes and burgers for the whole fam at the same time on the same surface or like on our last trip, veggies and chicken thighs.

Cleaning the cooktop takes about 2 minutes after you're done cooking (I use the scraper and water method) and then I brush some oil over it with a paper towel when it cools off. We clean out the grease trap once per trip (or before we move to another location). The only thing that needs a lot of cleaning is the spatula and the scraper.

We started with the 17" and upgraded last summer to the 22". Usually make pancakes, french toast, eggs for breakfast sandwiches, and hash browns for breakfast. Cheesesteaks and quesadillas for dinner. DH has been working on perfecting smash burgers also. If you are on Facebook there are some Blackstone groups and people share ideas/recipes. Some of those people griddle EVERYTHING!

Weirdest thing i made was corn on the cob. Use a blast hood and squirt water a few times under the dome. Oh get a blast hood and squirt bottle then experiment.

Pizza is a good one also. I bring flatbreads, olive oil both sides, heat it up, flip it add sause and cheese. Let it cook a bit and then use the blast hood to melt the cheese.

We do not use a blackstone, but we have both a griddle attachment for our Weber and an electric griddle.

My favorite thing to make is breakfast tacos.
We try to buy fresh tortillas from HEB when we can get them.
1 potato, washed and sliced thin.
1 package of bacon
eggs
shredded Mexican blend cheese (colby jack & cheddar blend is good too)

Make your bacon on the griddle. Cook your thin sliced potatoes in the bacon grease (they will look a lot like fresh potato chips, but not as crispy). Warm tortillas either on a grill or on the cooktop while the potatoes cook. After the potatoes, cook your eggs. Add a little of each filling to each tortilla (we customize each person's). These can also be wrapped up and saved so that everyone gets one on departure morning.

I got a 22" Blackstone BECAUSE it had two burners and I could cook different things at different rates. One thing I want to try this spring at Gulf State Park is baking with the griddle. I found a biscuit video to cook on one side/burner and do eggs/bacon/hash on the other side.

Having trouble posting the YT link at the moment but I think I will make that camping trip a Blackstone experimentation trip.

ED

I got a 22" Blackstone BECAUSE it had two burners and I could cook different things at different rates. One thing I want to try this spring at Gulf State Park is baking with the griddle. I found a biscuit video to cook on one side/burner and do eggs/bacon/hash on the other side.

Having trouble posting the YT link at the moment but I think I will make that camping trip a Blackstone experimentation trip.

ED

Now if you figure out how to make cheesecake on the blackstone. :genie: :stir::cool:

ED

Hmmm.... Haven't seen the biscuit one. I've seen a number of people who do 'smashed' cinnamon rolls. That is most definitely something we will be attempting this spring!

Dis changed how to post the YT link. Just use the chain symbol now not the camera one.

This is what I was thinking, Marty ....

Ed

PS - second video. same general method as the first.

I have to have biscuits with bacon/eggs/etc. :love:

Last edited:
I found a biscuit video to cook on one side/burner and do eggs/bacon/hash on the other side.
We have made biscuits on the Blackstone. I use Big Grands flaky biscuits and pull the biscuits apart into 2 thinner biscuits and put them directly on the griddle. If you are cooking bacon on the griddle, use a little of the bacon grease on the biscuits. Being thinner allows the biscuits to cook / bake / fry completely through. Cuts your cooking time in half also.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter