Greetings!

browneyes

DIS Veteran
Hey! I've never been on this board before (I frequent the CB).:) I thought I'd say hi.:wave: I've always wanted to visit Canada (especially after I saw the O! Canada at Epcot (beautiful country!). Maybe someday I'll get to visit Canada.:) Which part of Canada should I see first?:)

I'm Shannon, btw.:wave:

My dad always called me browneyes too.....so I love the name.
If I were you, come to Canada in the SUMMER ....but you'll also need to tell us what you like. Toronto is like NY city- only cleaner
Vancouver is a beautiful city North of Sattle WA -bigger & prettier BTW- If you skiing (the mountains outside a ways from Vancouver is the place)- Calgary for Stampeed (Giant Rodeo)- the list goes on & on, there is lots to do in all over Canada. It's a HUGE country. So please come and visit sometime.....

Hmmm....I think I know you. ;) Hi Shannon, very nice to see you here! :wave:

The film at Epcot is quite dated btw. I believe a new one has been in the works for quite some time. We have a few tall buildings now!! ;) :)

Welcome! Why not visit the Toronto area and go to Wonderland!

Hi Shannon! :wave:

I know there's a big Ontario base here on the Canadian board, so let me be the one to say... come to British Columbia! We've got it all here. As they say about Vancouver - it's the only place where you can ski, swim, and tan on the beach all in one day (or one vacation, at least.) We've got mountains... ocean... forests... BC also has the beautiful Okanagan region with our very own desert... Victoria and the rest of Vancouver Island... and a great rural interior!

The BEST time to come to Vancouver/southern BC has gotta be July, August, and September. That's when we break free of the rain and the city is gorgeous - even more so than it ordinarily is. I could go on and on. I love this country. And i must agree that the Epcot film is a touch dated. But it's still excellent (I find myself humming the song once in a while!)

Don't forget to come East! Nova Scotia in the summer & fall is a beautiful place!

I second Nova Scotia... Canadas Ocean Playground. Beautiful scenery, clean air, and the friendly down home hospitality of the Maritimes.

Charmaine :earsgirl:

BTW Shannon, contrary to the Epcot version, lumberjack, red plaid shirts are not standard issue in Canada...can someone suggest to Disney management a change?! Why couldn't Roots do something a little more current??

LOL, Crusnprincesses.:teeth: My SO was in logging for awhile, and he loved that flannel look.:teeth: I just thought it was a Southern thing.:teeth: He wants to go to Canada to see what the trees look like.:)

Hey Grover.:wave:

Charmaine Ocean Playground?:bounce: I love to play in the water.:)

DCinNs, what is the weather like in Nova Scotia in the summer and fall?:)

Lilsonicfan, "mountains... ocean... forests... " that sounds like a good place to visit (or live;)).:)

PoohBWV, what is Wonderland?:)

Snowwark, I think I know you too.:teeth::wave: I think the tallest building in my town might be about 6 stories or so.:teeth:

Hey, MaMudduck.:) It's good to see a fellow browneyes out there.:wave: I've never been to NYC (I'd like to though:) ). I'm used to small towns, but I like the city feel of things too.:) My SO is mostly interested in visiting Canada to see the forests.:) I'm not sure when we'll ever get around to visiting your beautiful country, but I'd like to visit it real soon.:)

LOL! I figure the movie is outdated, but it made your country look so beautiful.:)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.:wave:

Hey Shannon! :wave: I think our paths have crossed before as well. ;) LOL. Welcome to the Canadian Board! I'll represent Central Canada I guess... and put in a plug for the prairies! If you want to see snow, come on out in the winter... you'll be sure to see lots, LOL. There are definitely some *gorgeous* landscapes across Canada and it's really diverse... lots of different things to see right across the country. :)

The summer is mostly 20-30 degrees. The fall is cooler, but the fall leaves are spectacular!

Hey Browneyes, come to the Niagara region-see the Falls and then join us for a Canadian Dis Meet-we guarantee that you'll have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter