Great Wolf Lodge Concord NC Menu Prices

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
We are thinking about a trip to Great Wolf Lodge in Concord Nc. My kids are 13 and 7. What can we expect for menu prices? Do they have a variety of option and price points? Does GWL condiser 13 an adult (since most places do)...

I would love to learn more about this hotel too. We are talking about going here this summer. I did read online about this resort and they say the food is overpriced........ The good news is that they are in an area where there are all types of restaurants close by and there is a mall across the way with restaurants as well.
when are you going? I would love a review when you get back.

Thanks!

We have never been to GWL but I am pretty familiar with the area this one is located in. We are going (possibly/probably :confused3) Feb 19-21. They have several restaurants near this one...for fast food and cheaper places they have Sonic, McDonalds, Chic Fila A, Arbys, etc.... They also have nicer places like Macaroni Grill, Sticky Fingers BBQ, On The Border, etc....

I had read that food is very pricey at GWL so took advantage of the fridge/microwave in the room and brought breakfast foods, drinks and snacks. We got takeout for dinner (lots of places to pick from). I did get the girls the single serving pizza from pizza hut in the resort and I think they were $7 each.

With the room being in the resort, it's very convenient to just walk back to the room for a break and a snack.

We had a great time there. With your kids age, I would skip the night time story reading - it was geared toward the really young set. My just turned 8 year old was very bored.

We have only been to the one in PA, but read similar things about the food...in 2009 the dinner buffet was 16.00 for children and 26.00 for adults.

I brought cold cuts, bread, and macaroni salad for lunch. Cereal and milk for breakfast. Pasta, meat sauce and salad for dinner. I knew the kids wouldn't want to leave the first day. We did go to a local place for dinner the second night.

My one son is a hot dog fanatic so he ordered a hot dog at the waterpark snack bar...he ate it but it looked gross...really fat!

Eventhough the rooms stated no cooking...microwave only...we saw many lugguge carts with crock pots!

Not sure about food prices but according to the Great Wolfs Facebook page, they are having a 48 hour sale where if you book within those 2 days you get deep discounts. The dates for that location are January 26-28. Here's a link http://www.greatwolf.com/value. I'm waiting for the Williamsburg sale! No, your 1 year old is still a child. Basically it's how many per room. Some rooms sleep up to 6 but the room price is for 5 people and the extra person would be $40. However, we were never charged for the extra 2 people in our room, and yes they knew because everyone has to wear a wristband the whole time. Have fun!

There's probably 100 restaurants within a 5 minute drive . . . Probably 10 or 12 you could walk to without crossing a major road.

I havent been to the one in NC , but i've been to the one in PA and also in Ohio. We love GWL , but we never dine at the buffet, it is WAY overpriced. They have fridges and microwaves in the room so we usually bring breakfast, lunch, then order a pizza from the bar restaurant (sorry forget the name, large pizza is 15.00) GWL is SO much fun but you can EASILY spend alot of money there! Between magic quest,food, spa, arcade, etc its not hard. Also, like others said, you can always go out and bring food back to the hotel. We rather stay inside and bring our own (we also bring water/soda/beer with us!

We were at GWL Concord over Thanksgiving, our first trip there. The kiddos LOVED the water park, though its smaller than the Grapevine TX waterpark at GWL by a lot!

We actually had made our reservation on a MEAL promo, wasn't free, but was a good meal deal we thought. The website makes it seams like there are multiple dining options at GWL but there are not. "Loose Moose Cottage" and "Camp Critter Bar & Grill" are the same restaurant. Just a different name at different times of the day (and perhaps where you are seated). The food was pretty lame, especially for the pricing. After the first night, we wish we wouldn't have done the promo then we could've hopped in the car and gone someplace with better food. We ate there only because it was prepaid, we certainly wouldn't do it again.

There is a Dunkin Donuts, a pizza hut express (which is pretty expensive), and then a bakery/sweets place, and then a snack bar in the waterpark area. Snack bar is probably the best options there, just the basics, but not cheap either-- if we go again, we'll stick with bringing breakfast or grabbing at Dunkin Donuts, snack bar for lunch (or bring our own), then we'll go out somewhere else for dinner. There are lots of options just outside the lodge/within a mile or so.

We usually go in cold weather - so don't like to venture out of the hotel area for food (we go to Niagara Falls location - need to drive several minutes to get to food places), besides we usually eat in our bathing suits! That said - we always bring almost all our own food with us. We'll bring sandwiches in the car on the way there...then get some sort of take-out or leftovers with us (fish fries, pizza, chinese) and just throw it in the frig in our room and then microwave it quick to warm it up for dinner. Then for breakfast we bring bagels and yogurt. The only meal we buy there is lunch on the checkout day as we're out of our rooms by then and it's just easier. We usually buy at the window in the waterpark area. A bit pricey - but not too bad - and since it's only one meal it's not a big deal.

We live in Oregon and visit the one in Washington so I'm not sure how similar the prices are. There is just one buffet in ours and the price is 29 for adults and 19 for children. There is also a pizza hut and the prices were 20 for a large. The snack shack is outrageously priced. 4.50 for a stale rice crispy. We usually try and bring our own food or eat locally when we go.

Also the wands are really expensive. 26 for the wand and 10 to activate it. It allows them to play the magic quest the entire time they are there but you do have to reactivate it at each visit.

Ours also has like a game type lounge and its $10 to get in.

Its pricey but so much fun.

Edited to add, yes 13 is adult price there. My son had to pay full price @ 10.

We stayed here over thanksgiving also with the meal inclusive promo. It only added $70 per night for three meals a day for four people(we only had three but it wasn't any cheaper). Food was ok, but I really enjoyed the convenience of not worrying about meals. We are returning in March and the meal promo jumped to $130 per night (although the room price is significantly lower), so I will not add the meal plan on this trip.

Another tip is if you are planning on doing magic quest, but your wand online (ebay) I bought 2 wants for $15 and that would have cost me $40, then you can activate them when you get there

We ate lunch one day at the pool via the poolside grill restaurant. It was what you would expect - chicken fingers and pizza and burgers. The food there wasn't terrible but for the 4 of us it was about $40 - pricy for what we got. We didn't eat at the restaurant inside - the prices seemed insane to me and when I peeked in at what other people were eating, I wasn't impressed enough to try it. At the Concord location you are smack-dab in the middle of a TON of stuff - no needs to worry about directions or getting lost. You could eat at Texas Land and Cattle, a great Japanese steakhouse called Tsunami, etc etc. There are restaurants within a 3 minutes drive for every possible budget. I really recommend Texas Land and Cattle if you've never tried it - delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter