Great Movie Ride - what would you change?

Hmm...It was a very nice ride to rest on! They could add some fresh hot buttered popcorn & a nice refreshing cold drink ready to hand us as we come aboard! LOL!
It hasn't been that long ago that I rode this & I have ridden it more than once. From the last time what I remember the most was that I couldn't understand a word the girl (guide)up front was speaking to us! Bless her heart she coudn't act either! I felt for her! But.. It was great when another girl took her place! Like a breath of fresh air! I like the old movies but I don't remember alot about what they showed on the ride! SO... I asked my husband if he remembered it! He said" I think we got in a buggy thing, & I saw John Wayne on a horse, James Cagney in the Gangster." I said "Is that were the girls changed places!" He said "Yes, somewhere in there." I said "Well didn't they have a scene from the Alien." He said "Well it was in one of them rides! Don't know if it was that one or not!" LOL! LOL! But it was a very nice rest!

Ok...this isn't a rumor, nor is it news.
I just wanted to exercise some thoughts on the matter.

If you were gonna change Great Movie Ride, what would you do?

While some love it, i am definately part of the group that feels that the ride is completely outdated, and requires some changes.

Many believe that updates to the scenes would be welcome. I totally agree. The films currently showcased barely connect with many visitors. At the very least the movie scenes need updates.

But, I was actually thinking, why not re-imagine the whole ride altogether, and make it a moving history biography of Disney's films.

Scenes might include Steamboat Willie, Snow White, and then live action films like The Love Bug, Mary Poppins, and even Tron. I think the last 2 scenes should be easily set up with minimal animatronics so that they can update the ride with new scenes to showcase current movies, every 2-3 years. This year they could showcase Tangled, Brave, or go forward with Wreck-it-Ralph.

Completely agree. This ride is so outdated. I am nearly 40 and barely recognize the movies. I last rode it 7 trips ago and have no intention of subjecting my children to it.

My kids call it "The Lame Movie Ride." I tried to tell them that it reminded me of a wax museum and they thought that was the creepiest idea ever. :rotfl:

Guys, the whole point of the ride, is to showcase movies from the golden age of films. You know, timeless movies also known as the classics. One thing I absolutely would not want to see is anything current from Disney in this ride. There are plenty of commercials throughout the World. We don't need another one.

I wouldn't change this ride for anything! I've seen a couple of people say that they don't recognize the movies. The ride takes you on a journey from the early movies starting with Footlight Parade ending with the homage to other classic films. I personally love the Golden Age so I may be a bit partial.

They already have a studio tour on the Backlot Tour.

I personally don't care too much for the ride....I say make it a "family" ride to include little ones as well...and not the scary stuff....aliens, etc. And make it a great 'disney' movie ride...put in the classics like 'polyanna''mary poppins', etc.

I like the idea of making it more family. I like the ride, and we always ride it a couple times per trip. My son likes it too, but the alien part scares him (and I don't love it either... not my kind of movie). That being said, none of the rest of it scares him, but I would love to see it with pollyanna, mary poppins (more than what is there) and some other family classics. Don't remove wizard of oz though, LOVE that!

That scene is supposed to be frightening! Quite honestly, I sit in the tram and giggle until the actual driver comes back to the tram. :happytv:

I personally feel the look back at all the old classics is what makes the ride and that whole bank robbery live action scene is so completely unneccesary.

How About HULK 360-3D, The First Marvel attraction for Walt Disney World.

based on The Incredible Hulk 2008 film.

A new Segment for The Great Movie Ride, Where Guests encounter Hulk as he fights the Abomination.

The technology is similar to King Kong 360-3D, The 3D Screen is all around the dome, The Vehicle moves (and shake), also includes Water Effect and Air Blasters

The HULK 360-3D segment replace the scary Alien segment.

During The Great Movie Ride, Cast Member is giving 3D Glasses, exclusively for HULK 360-3D.

In Addition, Hulk's footstep is seen in Cement Handprint, outside of The Great Movie Ride.

First, They need to get rid of Marvel at the park rival, Universal's of Adventure.

I also agree this needs to be updated as well as SOAR'N
for those of us who go often we have favorites but CHANGE is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter