Great Monument Valley article for SWS planners

kristilew

DIS Veteran
So I finally got my February copy of Smithsonian magazine away from DD, and found that it has a fantastic article about Monument Valley in it. You can read it here http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/Behind-the-Scenes-in-Monument-Valley.html

It was great to look at the pictures and say "We were right there!" after going on SWS last summer, but it would have been even better to have read it ahead of time and have a greater understanding of that area when we toured it. So if you're going on that ABD, read and enjoy!

Thanks Kristilew. We are looking at doing this ABD in 2011. I should also send thanks for another tip you provided. We are doing Alpine Magic in June followed by 5 added days in Paris on our own. In a post a while ago, I think you mentioned Paris Muse to do a tour of the Louvre. We booked them to do a scavenger hunt of the Louvre with us and our 7 y/o son. So, reading these boards pays dividends in a lot of different ways.

Hey, thanks, kristilew. Cool article! I knew some of this prior to going on SWS, learned some of it *while on* SWS, and some of it I didn't know. I agree; wish I'd read it before the trip. Always great to learn about the places you go/have been!

Sayhello

Thanks Kristilew! What a great article!:thumbsup2 This is one place I know we would never have seen if not for ABD's trip. Thanks for bringing back such great memories.:goodvibes

Thanks Kristilew. We are looking at doing this ABD in 2011. I should also send thanks for another tip you provided. We are doing Alpine Magic in June followed by 5 added days in Paris on our own. In a post a while ago, I think you mentioned Paris Muse to do a tour of the Louvre. We booked them to do a scavenger hunt of the Louvre with us and our 7 y/o son. So, reading these boards pays dividends in a lot of different ways.

I agree. We'll be in Paris before Alpine Magic and just booked the Paris Muse tour of the Historic Heart of Paris. Then we're taking a Chocolate/Pastry walking tour afterwards...

RSM and Disfan10, you will LOVE the Paris Muse tours! We were blown away by our guide, and by all that we learned. A year later, we still talk about those 3 hours all the time. So happy for you :goodvibes (Hmmm, I wonder if there are referral credits..... ;))

I agree. We'll be in Paris before Alpine Magic and just booked the Paris Muse tour of the Historic Heart of Paris. Then we're taking a Chocolate/Pastry walking tour afterwards...

Hey DisFan, not sure if you'll have time, but we are also doing a bike tour of Versailles with FatTire Bicycle tours. It is most of the day (9-4 or so). They seem to have pretty good reviews on-line, and the tour sounds like an active and fun day.

RSM and Disfan10, you will LOVE the Paris Muse tours! We were blown away by our guide, and by all that we learned. A year later, we still talk about those 3 hours all the time. So happy for you :goodvibes (Hmmm, I wonder if there are referral credits..... ;))

Haha... I think you should receive SOMEthing from Paris Muse! Our guide will be Alex. Who was your guide?

Hey DisFan, not sure if you'll have time, but we are also doing a bike tour of Versailles with FatTire Bicycle tours. It is most of the day (9-4 or so). They seem to have pretty good reviews on-line, and the tour sounds like an active and fun day.

That sounds like great fun! Since we're taking the Knights & Lights AbD, we'll get to do some bicycling at Versailles too. We also looked at taking a bicycle tour in Paris, but opted for the chocolate/pastry walking tour instead. LOL Of course, we're now taking the Paris Muse tour as well...

Haha... I think you should receive SOMEthing from Paris Muse! Our guide will be Alex. Who was your guide?

Our guide was Mary. She was a really interesting person in her own right, aside from all she knew about the buildings. I hope you'll post reports of your tours!

Our guide was Mary. She was a really interesting person in her own right, aside from all she knew about the buildings. I hope you'll post reports of your tours!

Our guide will be Mary also. Good to hear that you had a great experience. I plan on posting a report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter