• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Graycliff walking?

varganator10sq

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to walk to Graycliff from the dock? How far is it? I know everyone has different distances that they are willing to walk. I am interested in going to the Cigar room.

Is it possible to walk to Graycliff from the dock? How far is it? I know everyone has different distances that they are willing to walk. I am interested in going to the Cigar room.

I walked there and back, but I'm not sure I would recommend it. It is a bit of a hike, very hilly in places, but the real issue was some of the neighborhoods I went through. Nassau is one of those cities that can transition from fairly nice areas to barbed wire and iron-barred windows in just a block or two. Even though it was a sunny afternoon I was getting a bit concerned.

There may be a better route than the one I took though. We had seen Graycliff while we were on one of the city tours so I backtracked the way the bus went. I didn't get lost but there was probably a safer/easier route on foot.

The other thing to be aware of is time. The folks at Graycliff were friendly but not exactly in a hurry to do anything! IIRC I made it back to the ship with about 10 minutes to spare but with some very nice cigars in hand.

Dear varganator10sq,

Sure it's possible to walk from the wharf, we're not that far, but if you're interested in a tour to the Graycliff Cigar Company - we have a tour offered via the Disney Shore Excursion desk on the Disney Wonder and it includes the transfers to and from the ship. The Graycliff Cigar & Rum Experience - You’ll learn from the masters how to sort, clean and roll a cigar.

As a cigar aficionado, you’ll love the history lesson with the secrets of where the best tobacco leaves come from and what blends of select leaves make the award winning Graycliff Cigars. Paired with the art of world class cigar making, is the appreciation of some of the Caribbean’s finest rums like Mount Gay, Barbacourt, Bacardi and many more. Participants are presented with a complimentary cigar and cigar cutter and you get to keep the cigar you’ve rolled.

We look forward to having you at Graycliff soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter