"Gray" Area on Deck Plans & Room Suggestions

lilpooh108

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

I'm a long time lurker, but today I've been posting and posting :cool1:

We booked our first Disney Cruise for 12/16/10 to 12/19/10...I'm so so so so excited to go that I actually put on hold a 2011 Disney Dream cruise for next Thanksgiving.

Having never been on either the Wonder or the Dream...I can't figure out what the "Gray" area is on all of the deck plans. I'd like an end room so that I only have one neighbor, but I'm concerned that the gray area of a wall will contain engine noise or something else that will be noisy.

for the Dream I'm looking at Room 2525.

for the Wonder I already booked rooms 5631 & 5629 (which is near a wall/gray area). The only reason why I did not book the room abutted by a wall was b/c I didn't know what is there. Does anyone know? Does anyone have opinions about the locations of the rooms on Deck 5? Quiet, noisy, prone to sea sickness? TIA! :yay:

Annie

Deck 5 is a wonderful location for your stateroom. If you notice very few rooms are actually located on Deck 5 due to the Theatre and Oceaneer Lab and CLub as a result since less people are going to be travelling down these hallways it is actually a very Quiet place to stay. My last cruise I was in Stateroom 5146 so on the opposite side from you but I never had any noise issue from guests going up and down the hallway. Those grey areas for the most part are crew areas and storage areas for the ship.

Thanks for your response! I noticed that these deck 5 rooms are on the extreme end (or is it the beginning) of the ship. Is it easy to feel the rocking of the ship? I am prone to motion sickness, but plan on taking dramamine or getting the ear patch.

I honestly didn't feel any rocking being at the aft end of Deck 5. Since I have been on 11 cruises I tend have stronger sea legs....=) To be honest of all the cruises I have been on I can only count on 1 hand the amount of times I actually felt the motion to be uncomfortable and that was a night we had 25 foot seas heading to St Marteen.

My only DCL cruise was in deck 5 (can't remember the actual number right this minute but it was aft to the right of the elevator when facing the elevator lots of 2's and 5's I think it was 5522 but am not sure.) Anyway, I wanted to say I felt no motion of the ocean at all!

Have fun!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter