Grandeur vs. Anthem?

skiergirl4

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are considering a five night cruise to the Bahamas on either the Grandeur or the Anthem. The price difference is not a decision maker (about $120 per person)

It will just be my husband and me on the cruise, so family/children's activities aren't important. I like activities and shows, but those are a little less important to my husband. Neither or us want to feel as though it is overly crowded. I realize there are going to be crowds on any cruise ship, but we'd like to avoid excessive waits for dining, drinks, and activities, if possible.

We cruised on the Voyager of the Seas about 14 years ago and enjoyed that, but haven't cruised since then.

Any thoughts or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I haven't sailed on Anthem, but for that price difference I would jump on Anthem over Grandeur. But I do like bigger, newer ships. Grandeur is 23 years older than Anthem.

THanks for your replies. After going farther in the booking process and choosing ocean view rooms, it looks like it will be more like a $300 per person difference for the Anthem (two people), but I'd still love to hear opinions. Thank you!

We were on Anthem this last July and chose it over Grandeur for so many reasons. Our cruise was considerably more expensive than Grandeur but I gladly paid that for a cruise on a new very modern ship with so much more to offer. In 2015 we sailed on Enchantment (same class as Grandeur) and swore we wouldn't sail on the small ships again. So disappointing after sailing on the bigger ships with more amenities. Anthem is the most beautiful ship I've been on and areas like her amazing solarium can't be matched. Our balcony cabin was perfect and so spacious and well laid out. Our cruise was without our kids and we really enjoyed the bars and restaurants (Wonderland is not to be missed!). Spend the $$ - you won't regret it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter