Granda Villa booking during March Break ???

timC

DVC Member at BWV
Hi all.. "dreaming" up some ideas for future trips and I need some help.

I'm interested in booking a BWV Grand Villa during March Break 2006. I'll only have about 420 BWV points available... and will have to use some of my VWL for the rest.

Question: Some of my GV trip would be booked at my 11-month window...the rest will have to wait for the 7-month window. Being March Break, I suppose I'll end up on a waitlist. What are my chances for filling out the rest of my trip?

Thanks in advance...

Something that may be of a little help is that Easter falls on April 16. This may move some of the GV crowd into April.

I suppose I could also book a 2BR and Studio at VWL for the remainder of the trip as backup, and go on a waitlist for the GV. A little inconvenient, but VWL w/family would be fun too.

Never tried booking a GV before, but perhaps if you book the weeknights at the 11 mo. window then try for the weekend nights at 7 month. If it's like other places, maybe the GV high weekend points will make them less likely to be taken. Have you considered trying to trade out you VWL points for more Boardwalk points. Maybe a BWV person would love the 11 month for booking a Christmas ressie at VWL? Just a thought. Good luck!

If you will staying in the Grand Villa on a Friday or Saturday night, book the weeknights with your VWL points and save the weekend nights for the 7 minth window.

Have you considered trading reservations with a BWv owner? It's more work for you, but you could then be sure of getting your entire reservation booked before the 7 month window opens.

Given the popularity of VWL in December, bet it wouldn't be all that hard to find a BWV owner who might like to stay there in December of 2005 or 2006. One weeknight in the BWV GV (108 points for Magic season) is very close to 5 weeknights in a 1 Bedroom at VWL (110 points for Adventure season). Two weeknights in the GV (216 points for Magic season) is approximately equal to 1 week in a 1 bedroom at VWL in early December (200 points for Adventure season)!

Best wishes -

Originally posted by gracelrm
Never tried booking a GV before, but perhaps if you book the weeknights at the 11 mo. window then try for the weekend nights at 7 month. If it's like other places, maybe the GV high weekend points will make them less likely to be taken. Have you considered trying to trade out you VWL points for more Boardwalk points. Maybe a BWV person would love the 11 month for booking a Christmas ressie at VWL? Just a thought. Good luck!

WOW! Must have taken too long to correct all my typing errors (hope I got them all)!

So it's true - great minds think alike! LOL, gracelrm. :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter