Grand Slam - Annual

Justacruiser

Military Veteran
Well, got the PIF conformation today. When we sail on the Dream in December 2013 (DCL #17), that will make our 1st Annual Grand Slam. That will make our 6th cruise this year with DCL. Love the Galveston port and all of the discount fairs.

Going to have to really slow down after this, need to start fixing some things around our house.

Anybody complete the Annual Grand Slam before? Anyone expecting to in the near future? I do wish they did do something for folks that completed the Grand Slam or the Grand Slam - Annual!!!

Nope. doing four cruises in one year from the west coast would bankrupt me. Congrats though. I'll not get my Grand Slam until 2015 when I do a Fantasy 7 night.

Congrats!! :cool1:

I'm close :) First cruise on the Dream 6/2012 and in 1/2014 (so a year and a half) it will be my 6th cruise and Grand Slam on the Magic! :banana: My DH and DS are close behind but I took my Mom on the Fantasy in December and did a girls cruise on the Dream last month.

I always tell my family since I don't have a car payment my other car is a DCL ship! :rotfl:

Heather

Congratulations way to Go :flower3:. We've completed 2 Grand Slams, but not in the same year. We bought the t-shirts in the gift shop that show the bow of all 4 ships (same as the framed image in the staterooms Dream & Fantasy), for us that our Grand Slam souvenir. ::yes::

We did a Grand Slam last year. I agree with OP though. Time to slow down and return to home maintenance. :(
We got a new roof 2 days before we left for Barcelona and though it looks nice it's not nearly as exciting as a cruise.
:lmao:

Congrats!! :cool1:

I'm close :) First cruise on the Dream 6/2012 and in 1/2014 (so a year and a half) it will be my 6th cruise and Grand Slam on the Magic! :banana: My DH and DS are close behind but I took my Mom on the Fantasy in December and did a girls cruise on the Dream last month.

I always tell my family since I don't have a car payment my other car is a DCL ship! :rotfl:

Heather

:thumbsup2 :rotfl:
That would make a great bumper sticker!

Congratulations way to Go :flower3:. We've completed 2 Grand Slams, but not in the same year. We bought the t-shirts in the gift shop that show the bow of all 4 ships (same as the framed image in the staterooms Dream & Fantasy), for us that our Grand Slam souvenir. ::yes::

This is a great idea! We completed our GS last Sept on the Fantasy and would have loved some GS merch!

There should be two separate distinctions:

DCL Home Run Club - Cruising all 4 ships, but the timing is irrelevant

and

DCL Grand Slam Club - Cruising all 4 ships within a 12 month period

how about a grand slam, back to back to back......is that even possible?

Yes...if you line it up right I think when they all cruise from Florida next spring it might be possible though one of your back to backs would involve cutting across to Miami.

how about a grand slam, back to back to back......is that even possible?

Yes...if you line it up right I think when they all cruise from Florida next spring it might be possible though one of your back to backs would involve cutting across to Miami.

You could do this in Feb 2014 in a total of 22 days (19 ship days and 3 land days - one day between each cruise).

There are a couple different options to do it:

2/2/14 Wonder (5 nights)
2/8/14 Fantasy (7 nights)
2/16/14 Dream (4 nights)
2/21/14 Magic (3 nights)

OR

2/7/14 Wonder (5 nights)
2/13/14 Dream (3 nights)
2/17/14 Magic (4 nights)
2/22/14 Fantasy (7 nights)​

There was another option for one day longer (23 days) that would get you 4 nights on both the Magic and the Dream.

2014 - I am on the Wonder in April, Magic in Oct, Fantasy in Oct and Dream Nov. It was more spread out before, but my kids kept changing cruises. I take my kids on individual trips, so each kid picked a cruise. I am the only one in the family completing the Grand Slam.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter