Grand Lake CO/Rocky Mountain NP suggestions

bjscheel

(Avatar art by my daughter)
We're taking Amtrak to the west side of RMNP in mid-June. I have reservations at Gateway Inn in Grand Lake, and tickets to opening night of Newsies at Rocky Mountain Repertory Theater. We'll be there 4 days. I'm planning on some easy hikes, maybe driving over to Estes one day, checking out the main street Grand Lake shops and Grand Lake beach, and On the Trail ATV tours. Kids don't want to do rafting.

Some other things from the area I have saved on TripAdvisor are Cozen Ranch House Museum, Winter Park Resort, Amaze'n Mazes, Headwaters Marina Scenic Lake Tour (boat ride), Pioneer Village Museum. Possibly the summer "snow tubing" at the YMCA camp.

Any comments on the above, or new suggestions welcome :) Girls are 15 and 18.

Okay, sorry for the lame description, but I'm going off memory from 1993. There's a place in the park where a dam burst many years back. You can drive pretty much right to it. Along that same road, there is a trail that shoots off on the opposite side of the road. It's a VERY easy hike with no elevation change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter