Grand Gatherings Info - Tony's Town Square

loribell

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried this? I was womdering what they serve? Is it buffet or preplated? Breakfast only? What characters are there? Was it any good? Should we just stick with our plans to eat at Chef Mickey's?

Thanks for your input,
Lori

When I was planning our GG this past June I never got any feedback on Tony's so we went with Chef Mickey's for dinner for our group and it was a blast!! Even since then I haven't seen much about the Tony's meal.....

I don't know if it's the same for a Grand Gathering, but Tony's is a table service restaurant with an upscale Italian menu. The theming is based on Tony's restaurant in Lady and the Tramp. I don't believe they do character meals; at least we've never seen a character there. The food is good, if not great, and a step above the typical pasta place. We've been there for lunch or dinner on three different occasions. I don't know if they even serve breakfast.

The first time we went our server was so great that we made plans to go back for another meal on that same trip. We didn't get the same server again, but she was there and made several stops by our table. It was a great experience again. The last time we went, our server was a flake and the meal was decidedly less satisfying.

Our family would choose Chef Mickeys over Tony's----we have varied tastes and the buffet meets all our needs. The characters are alot of fun, too. We've never been disappointed by the food there. Have a wonderful trip.:wave:

I've read about the GG event held at Tony's for breakfast but don't have 1st hand experience.

I believe it is a preplated meal very similiar to CRT breakfast. When CP was under refurbishment in 2002 Tony's held the character meal there instead and it was preplated.

Not 100% on the characters but do recall Mickey being there for the GG event.

I would give it a try if you are doing a GG. You can go to Chef Mickey's anytime and next time you may not be part of a GG.

I have read it is preplated and the main five are there. I also have read you get a special meet and greet with mickey. If you do a search over on the Attractions board there was a thread about all the Grand Gatherings.

It's pre-plated with two choices - scrambled eggs or french toast. I've heard it's not worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter