Grand Floridian SV Deluxe Studio - Waitlist won!

Newsies

Headlines don't sell papes.
We had a Deluxe Studio booked at our home resort, the Poly for August 18-23. Our 7 month window opened last Friday, so we put ourselves on the waitlist for a Standard View Deluxe Studio at the Grand Floridian. Was surprised to get an email this morning saying our waitlist had come through! I don't know if this is one of the more uncommon waitlists to pull through or not-- but it's our first waitlist as DVC owners and we're so excited to stay at the GF! :cool1:

Enjoy!

We have a Poly studio stay coming up soon. We enjoy staying there, and it’s not a home for us. I am glad we can try different resorts, not only our homes!

I just stumbled on a VGF SV studio for Aug 22-4 and it made me think of this thread. Aug 22 is a MM event at AK (we had 22nd at BLT & 23rd at CCV) so my pre-cruise plans were scuppered when they announced the dates. We were looking for BRV, but will gladly take 2 nights at VGF!!

This is the second unicorn date for VGF I’ve gotten - first was Princess weekend via WL. Maybe I should start playing the lotto :scratchin

I have a request in with a DVC rental company and my first two choices are a lake view Studio at the Poly or the Grand! I honestly can't decide which one I'd be more excited about, I've never stayed at either, and both look incredible. So I think we're just going to let fate decide and go with the one we can get a contract with first?! Anything we should keep in mind if we end up having to actually choose between the two?!

My experience has always been great using the waitlist. I don't own at GF, though my 1 stay there was unbelievable. Congrats and have a wonderful trip!

We did a split stay this past Thanksgiving with a standard view studio at Poly and a standard view 1 bedroom at VGF. We absolutely enjoyed both stays but I will definitely say Poly won out for us because of location. Having not only the monorail for MK it was awesome to have the short walk to the TTC to get to Epcot (and Hollywood studios) as well. Poly is one of our home resorts but this was our first stay there and we will definitely stay there again!!

Yipee! We just secured our first ever stay at Grand Floridian for next year and we're thrilled!

Yay! Can I ask if you're a DVC owner or renting points? I'm trying to rent for the Grand next year and the 11 month window is close, so your post gave me hope in case you were renting :)

That’s are home away from home. Enjoy your stay at the best resort on property (couldn’t help myself) ;).

I have a request in with a DVC rental company and my first two choices are a lake view Studio at the Poly or the Grand! I honestly can't decide which one I'd be more excited about, I've never stayed at either, and both look incredible. So I think we're just going to let fate decide and go with the one we can get a contract with first?! Anything we should keep in mind if we end up having to actually choose between the two?!

That sounds like me, and fate did decide. I kept going back and forth on whether I wanted Poly or VGF for my next stay-I've never stayed at either. Well, the 7 month window opened and when I got on right at opening, VGF was gone for both lake view and std view. Poly however was available for both. So the fates decided. I figure that I'll have 2 choices of transportation to the MK, which will be nice.

Yeah! I was able to switch to 4 nights at 7 months for first week in August there in a studio and was so excited!

We are excited to stay at VGF the first week of July. Never stayed there before but were able to switch for a week at 7 months. Love that flexible option at 7 months :)

We are excited to stay at VGF the first week of July. Never stayed there before but were able to switch for a week at 7 months. Love that flexible option at 7 months :)

We own at VGF and love staying there. We are staying at Animal Kingdom the first week in July. We have never stayed there . I love the flexibility too. My daughter LOVES animals so this should be fun.

We own at VGF and love staying there. We are staying at Animal Kingdom the first week in July. We have never stayed there . I love the flexibility too. My daughter LOVES animals so this should be fun.

We actually own Akl and our girls love the animals too. Hope you guys have a great stay. AKL is beautiful. Has a very relaxed feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter