Grand Floridian Sugarloaf Club 5/27-5/31 Review

I'm thinking they didn't exactly give her a "choice" between noisy and two queens. From what I recall they just asked her if she minded the first floor. It's not like they said "We can move you to a king room but it's right near the lounge entrance and kitchen. It's gonna be super loud in the early morning. And late at night. And also at all times in between." Honestly, I think that the CM who moved her should have been a little more forthcoming as to the location of the new room. Perhaps OP would have asked to stay put or even asked to be moved to a different resort. Seems like communication was lacking here.
This is EXACTLY correct. He asked if I minded 1st floor, which I truly did not. Had they given the option of an insanely loud room or 2 queens, I would have either dropped to a non-club King, paid more for a King anywhere, or switched resorts. But they were not forthcoming. And despite the implications of others in the thread, we are not complainers. I was already uncomfortable with asking for a move they had made clear we were not entitled to. There was no way I was going to request another change.

Been following this thread and have to ask. DH and I have a king at home so I get it, but we’ve traveled a lot and there are times we don’t get a king when we travel. I can see asking for a king if you didn’t get one but offering to drop down to non club or change hotels just to get one is something I’d never think to do and I’m wondering about that.

Been following this thread and have to ask. DH and I have a king at home so I get it, but we’ve traveled a lot and there are times we don’t get a king when we travel. I can see asking for a king if you didn’t get one but offering to drop down to non club or change hotels just to get one is something I’d never think to do and I’m wondering about that.
I'm not the OP, but for me and my husband we prefer the king sized bed. I don't like having anyone near me when I'm sleeping and like room to move. We always ask for a king or book one specifically. We don't switch rooms though if we don't get it, we just each sleep in a queen bed, so it's not a huge deal. I'm a bit claustrophobic and if I don't have space it stresses me out.

I'm not the OP, but for me and my husband we prefer the king sized bed. I don't like having anyone near me when I'm sleeping and like room to move. We always ask for a king or book one specifically. We don't switch rooms though if we don't get it, we just each sleep in a queen bed, so it's not a huge deal. I'm a bit claustrophobic and if I don't have space it stresses me out.
Makes sense and I’ve done that too at times. Slept in the two queens.

Makes sense and I’ve done that too at times. Slept in the two queens.
DH is a big guy. :) This trip had a lot of relaxing and napping time built in and I wanted us to be comfortable. Clearly, I did not have a Blue’s Clue that I was asking them to pull a unicorn out of a hat with a King room, but for us, the resort or club level were way less important than a comfy place to hang out and nap and sleep. And I definitely did not want to sleep in a separate bed!

I do think Disney is realizing more people do want king beds. I noticed new categories show up at some hotels, like Animal Kingdom Lodge where it is now an option to book.
Yes. But Disney still has FAR MORE families than couples. Families generally need more beds per room. It is a supply and demand issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter