Grand Floridian Resort Studio Theme Park View

Paula25

Disney Dreamer
I have not kept up with the goings-on at Grand Floridian. We usually stay at the Boardwalk, but booking late this time the only place I could get all our days was at the Grand Floridian, Resort Studio Theme Park View. Once booked, I tried to do some research on the room, and the only things I can find about it is that I think it may be brand new. Can someone tell me (or point me to other posts) more about where these rooms are located, is it a new building or a refurbed old building or in the villas building, maybe a bit of background on their creation? Thank you in advance.

I have not kept up with the goings-on at Grand Floridian. We usually stay at the Boardwalk, but booking late this time the only place I could get all our days was at the Grand Floridian, Resort Studio Theme Park View. Once booked, I tried to do some research on the room, and the only things I can find about it is that I think it may be brand new. Can someone tell me (or point me to other posts) more about where these rooms are located, is it a new building or a refurbed old building or in the villas building, maybe a bit of background on their creation? Thank you in advance.
The resort studios will be located in the existing Big Pine Key building. They are different from the deluxe studios which are located in the original VGF building. There is no kitchenette. No microwave. No toaster. No little sink. There will be a beverage cooler instead of a mini fridge.

The rooms will have 2 queen-size beds and a murphy bunk bed. The bathroom will be a regular hotel bathroom, not a split bath like the deluxe studios. Views will be standard, lake (Seven Seas Lagoon) or theme park. You can check the views for Big Pine Key on touringplans.com. That should give you a good idea as to where the theme park view rooms will be located.

Last edited:
The resort studios will be located in the existing Big Pine Key building. They are different from the deluxe studios which are located in the original VGF building. There is no kitchenette. No microwave. No toaster. No little sink. There will be a beverage cooler instead of a mini fridge.

The rooms will have 2 queen-size beds and a murphy bunk bed. The bathroom will be a regular hotel bathroom, not a split bath like the deluxe studios. Views will be standard, lake (Seven Seas Lagoon) or theme park. You can check the views for Big Pine Key on touringplans.com. That should give you a good idea as to where the theme park view rooms will be located.
I wouldn’t call it a Murphy bunk bed. It is the normal sofa bed they have had in the Grand Floridian resort cash rooms. The back of the sofa flips down and makes a twin size bed. It has a real mattress, so it shouldn’t be too uncomfortable.

One of the Queen beds folds down from the wall, like the new ones they are using at Riviera.

One of the Queen beds folds down from the wall, like the new ones they are using at Riviera.
I believe you're mistaking the original building studio refurb with the new resort studios.

It's the original studios, now called deluxe studios, that have the queen Murphy as the second queen bed.

The resort studios have two queen beds and the convertible sofa twin bed.

No. Not in the "resort" studios. They are both real queen beds like you would find in any hotel room.

I cant seem to book a Deluxe studio :(

Those have always gone pretty fast and that won't be changing as the resort studios are so much different. I originally thought I could do the resort...trying for one night in July...but realized that they won't work and I will always use my points for original building.

ETA: I was able to get 2 nights yesterday at the 11 month mark around 9:15 am. So, they didn't sell out immediately.

I cant seem to book a Deluxe studio :(
Deluxe studios in the villa building have always been tough to get - to be safe it’s best to book as close to 11 months out as possible. I expect the resort studios will be easier to get mostly because there are more of them.

Deluxe studios in the villa building have always been tough to get - to be safe it’s best to book as close to 11 months out as possible. I expect the resort studios will be easier to get mostly because there are more of them.
I get the feeling that booking Deluxe is going to be impossible, as many of us will refuse to stay at the new ones due to lack of the kitchenette....

I actually don't think it'll be notably harder to book the deluxe studios for a while--until the New! Different! glow of the resort studios diminishes a bit, anyway.

We'll see what happens, I'm sure, in about a year or so when the thrill wears off some for DVC newbies and veteran DVCers who aren't that familiar with VGF1 but bought some "cheap" points.

Once the current on-sale frenzy is gone, yeah, booking a deluxe may get more touchy. But, when the dining plans return, there could be quite a lot of people who want GF-style posh with no kitchen at all.

Think about how much cheaper staying in BPK will be over the years than in a very similar GF lodge room...

I get the feeling that booking Deluxe is going to be impossible, as many of us will refuse to stay at the new ones due to lack of the kitchenette....

I think that will happen as well. I am trying a resort studio in July for 1 night and wanted to swap it back to a deluxe studio, but I need two rooms and they don't have two...so I kept both of the resort studios.

But, I changed them out the rest of my trips because in the end, I knew I would be unhappy, even if they are only for one or two nights.

I just booked VGF Resort Studio Lagoon view for 4 nights in early August.
I almost booked Theme Park view but I switched weeks and Lagoon was available, I will save a few points.

I stayed in a 2 bedroom villas at VGF in 2018. I love the GF, so I am happy to be staying there again. I could believe how much inventory was still available. I am looking forward to this new DVC experience.
😎👍🏻✨💫

Ok...here is an opinion that is MUCH more informed now than it was when I made my last post about Deluxe vs resort studios. Take from it what your will. Also, take a little mea culpa from me for judging it too hastily before I knew what I know now. If you are only staying for a few days, I think the Resort Studio is actually a fantastic location if you don't need a kitchenette. It really is MUCH better than I anticipated.

Resort Studios:
Pros:
Dedicated 2nd queen bed with a fold down couch that is more comfortable than the pull down under the TV beds.
Little larger feel than the Deluxe
2nd Sink in the bathroom (Jack and Jill style)
The long vanity with mirror could be used as a desk for getting work done if needed.
Location. It is so much closer to the monorail/food/etc. It really feels "part" of the resort if that is what you like
I really liked the closet space being right next to the bed. I didn't anticipate this at all.
The beds are both tall enough to store your luggage under them

Cons:
"Cooler box" is more like a wine fridge than what I was picturing, but still not as cold as a true fridge with that little freezer.
No second shower
No microwave, toaster, or kitchen sink like at Deluxe
No 1 or 2 bed rooms here at all

Deluxe:
Pros:
Murphy Bed does fold up nicely and give a little more living room
2nd shower is awesome
Quiet, much much quieter. The lobby is pretty much empty all the time
Room is almost sound proof. You do not hear the monorail at all
Kitchenette

Cons:
Longer walk to everything at the resort. It feels like you are not really at the GF, but kind of still are if that makes sense.
Laundry room on 4th floor. Ice on every other floor.
Storage in drawers is a little as they come. The drawers under the bed are useless when they open towards the wall with no space to open.

Are they adding microwaves to the resort studios? I saw a youtube video (Kyle's) where no microwave, but another youtube video where there was one added (blocking the pretty wallpaper) above the cooler area. Also, are there laundry facilities in this building?

Are they adding microwaves to the resort studios? I saw a youtube video (Kyle's) where no microwave, but another youtube video where there was one added (blocking the pretty wallpaper) above the cooler area. Also, are there laundry facilities in this building?
They are in the process of adding microwaves to all of the resort studios.

Yes, there are laundry facilities in the building.

Microwaves have pretty much been added to all the rooms, if not all rooms at this point. We've been here since they opened and it seems the daily "hey we forgot to put this in the room trips" have stopped but they did add luggage racks, larger trash/recycling bins, toilet paper hider, and of course the microwave.

The laundry facility has 2 washers and 2 dryers. The plaque on the door is not lying when it says open doors with caution. The room is tight and the door opens right into the first washer (kind of a problem if somebody is in the middle of loading and the door to the washer slams their hand). Basically one party can be in the room at a time so be kind and be patient and respectful of other people and know when your stuff is done.

Microwaves have pretty much been added to all the rooms, if not all rooms at this point. We've been here since they opened and it seems the daily "hey we forgot to put this in the room trips" have stopped but they did add luggage racks, larger trash/recycling bins, toilet paper hider, and of course the microwave.

The laundry facility has 2 washers and 2 dryers. The plaque on the door is not lying when it says open doors with caution. The room is tight and the door opens right into the first washer (kind of a problem if somebody is in the middle of loading and the door to the washer slams their hand). Basically one party can be in the room at a time so be kind and be patient and respectful of other people and know when your stuff is done.
Thank you! We have a September trip so this is very helpful info. Hope you are having the best time there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter